poorest town , city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few scallys down our way but it's far from poor, they call it the English Riviera, but I don't think it compares with the French Riviera

My hometown is pretty poor:-(
Don't win - or price - many jobs around here, not that it bothers me :RpS_thumbsup:

Old mining village. aluminium smelter shut down here last year with loss of loads of jobs. loads of charity shops/phone shops and betting shops. its like a ghost town..........................cant remember the last time i did a job on my door step ..............so fu@k em.....................:RpS_thumbup:

Think I was reading about this and there is a lot of towns on the east coast from north to south in the top 10 that are deprived. Loss of holiday makers and fishing trades probably left them with nothing

st Helens is a tad poor and rough, even the stray dogs go around in two's. some of the residents in the area a tad backwards, and still point at the moon of an evening.

st Helens is a tad poor and rough, even the stray dogs go around in two's. some of the residents in the area a tad backwards, and still point at the moon of an evening.

Yeah but you can't point at it through the day very often Rich :RpS_thumbup:

My home town beats em all....Bradistan! Or if you prefer Bradford.
For all you lads saying you don't mind a bit of east European slave labour coming into the country just visit Bradford to see where the UK will be in 20 years.
It's also full of jihadist drug dealers and inbred dole dosers who go on free plastering couses at the local blind home :RpS_biggrin:
Average day rate is a bag of heroin or 1ltr of cider
Nobody spends money on houses because they can't sell them.
Yep definitely the biggest poorest cesspit in the UK :RpS_thumbsup:

A bit like your team yesterday :-( Thought you'd have been in with a dig there, unless I've missed it.............

ha yep forgot you were a fan of that mob.
I watch a lot of football and leeds put up one of the worst performances ive seen in person. weds wasnt outstanding either. I think the old saying they were lucky to get 0,was never more apt.

For all you lads saying you don't mind a bit of east European slave labour coming into the country just visit Bradford to see where the UK will be in 20 years.
It's also full of jihadist drug dealers and inbred dole dosers who go on free plastering couses at the local blind home :RpS_biggrin:

Rotherham is not far behind, they call the town the plastering capital of England, there was around 8/9 plasterers on our road at one point a mixture of site lads and domestic.

there is now 1 guy who has a gang at bottom of road, 2 separate site lads up the road and a property maintenance guy who lives up the road.

Asians are creeping into the village, they have absolutely ruined the next village to this one, big old terrace house next to former steel works now go for £30, £40,000

i walked around town with the girlfriend the other week, large gangs of Roma gypsies, Asians and then Eastern Europeans all stood in doing FA.

half the towns a shithole.

ha yep forgot you were a fan of that mob.
I watch a lot of football and leeds put up one of the worst performances ive seen in person. weds wasnt outstanding either. I think the old saying they were lucky to get 0,was never more apt.

Yeah, big shake-up required. Your lot seem to be improving though :RpS_thumbup:

Owls I have to disagree mate, Wednesday were awesome yesterday, Leeds did make mistakes but the way wednesday punished them over and over was great.

best team in Yorkshire, officially

ha yes ill echo that,
plus you've got a massive hole in the centre. I drove down mannigham lane the other day, and it looks like a recruiting drive for the tv programme shameless. the biggest joke is I live 20 odd miles away and still get a Bradford postcode because that's the nearest city even though im closer to Harrogate and that's on the other end of the scale being one of the weathiest areas outside of London in England.

Owls I have to disagree mate, Wednesday were awesome yesterday, Leeds did make mistakes but the way wednesday punished them over and over was great.

best team in Yorkshire, officially

I was sat there at Hillsborough [ive a season ticket in the north stand] wickham and Lee were awesome but back four weren't tested, Nuhiu up front did nothing really, I think it was more how poor leeds were to be honest, look at the ratings in the papers today and most of the players are marked at 7

Yeah, big shake-up required. Your lot seem to be improving though :RpS_thumbup:

yep there improving but I think were in for a season of struggle to be honest, lack of investment is going to bite us in the arse.
theres some poor teams this year Barnsley, Yeovil, Bolton etc so I dont think well go down, but it will be close.

Yeah, good to see some of the young guys doing well, I only watched it on tele.

thought Maghoma did well and as you say Lee, big Reda too.

i kind of like Nuhiu and want him to do well, but in the real world I don't think he can cut it.

i was working at middlewood on Friday and actually sat and had my lunch overlooking wednesday training, top of langsett avenue if you know it, it was cool, I wish I had took more to work than a Fukin pear

Not that bad Grimsby, I worked there about 7 years ago on that oasis academy if you know it ryan.

I use to work for Rapide.

some reyt tidy birds in Cleethorpes

Yeah, good to see some of the young guys doing well, I only watched it on tele.

thought Maghoma did well and as you say Lee, big Reda too.

i kind of like Nuhiu and want him to do well, but in the real world I don't think he can cut it.

i was working at middlewood on Friday and actually sat and had my lunch overlooking wednesday training, top of langsett avenue if you know it, it was cool, I wish I had took more to work than a Fukin pear

Nah I don't know it, not my part of the world.

i bet you could pick out Nuhiu from a distance, he's a man mountain that fella.

I could just see guys in bibs playing 9/10 a side couldn't really make anyone out, but it was at the training ground and I assumed it was the first team (as they were at home on the sat morning)

I'm pretty sure I saw Lavery thought, full of beans that kid.

I've been working in the North End of Birkenhead in the last week, and have a load of work there over the next month or two, but all for a landlord. It's grim. North Baghdad, it's known as:

This about sums it up, and this is from someone who thought he knew working class:

Working class life in ?North Baghdad? (er, Birkenhead, that is) (Steve Regan?s Last Resort)

In fact, unless it was for a landlord refurbing a trashed house I can only remember having one job from the North End. That was by the "Blood Tub", a boozer that's now shut down. I was driving under a bridge on Bidston Hill a few years ago when some scallies dropped a 5lt tin of paint smack down onto my bonnet. I went down to the Police Station in the North End. Some grunt came out to take a look saying there was nothing they could do and then started looking at my tax disc to see if it was okay. ffs.

then again, oxton which is a half a mile away, is pretty affluent. other parts of the wirral like heswall, west kirby and caldy are affluent. it's like anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working in the North End of Birkenhead in the last week, and have a load of work there over the next month or two, but all for a landlord. It's grim. North Baghdad, it's known as:

This about sums it up, and this is from someone who thought he knew working class:

Working class life in ?North Baghdad? (er, Birkenhead, that is) (Steve Regan?s Last Resort)

In fact, unless it was for a landlord refurbing a trashed house I can only remember having one job from the North End. That was by the "Blood Tub", a boozer that's now shut down. I was driving under a bridge on Bidston Hill a few years ago when some scallies dropped a 5lt tin of paint smack down onto my bonnet. I went down to the Police Station in the North End. Some grunt came out to take a look saying there was nothing they could do and then started looking at my tax disc to see if it was okay. ffs.

then again, oxton which is a half a mile away, is pretty affluent. other parts of the wirral like heswall, west kirby and caldy are affluent. it's like anywhere

I'll see your Birkenhead video and raise you my Skem video :-D

Skelmersdale a Vision - YouTube

it's a tough one, @Rossi. both qualify as being the arsehole of the uk.

2012 the year of skemvision :RpS_biggrin: bet that changed fook all.

the north end is dire. women walking their kids to school in pyjamas - the women, not the kids. shameful. sure there's decent people stuck there as well. shame.

I could just see guys in bibs playing 9/10 a side couldn't really make anyone out, but it was at the training ground and I assumed it was the first team (as they were at home on the sat morning)

I'm pretty sure I saw Lavery thought, full of beans that kid.

yeah looks a talent that lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.