Poor workmanship in Mold

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect why would anyone want to look at it? You won't pay them.. Can you come to my house tommorow for an hour and use your petrol money so we can waste your time..

You have been told

Paint it with a mist coat and then re assess .. If there are no waves in the wall to touch or scabs or holes it will probably look fine once painted...

Hi Suzanne, it doesn't look too bad in the photos, it's still drying out,the pictures aren't great,try uploading clearer ones through photo bucket,
ps are you the poet and charity worker, if so ,big respects to you

I agree with @windy reserve judgement till its had a lick of paint i dont want to shoot the guy down thats done it its very hard to see from your pics to be fair dont look bad but that maybe different up close you would be better getting somebody local to have a look but then again they could tell you it was rough just to get the work! You either try get the guy back or give it a lick of paint and see what it looks like when the suns shining through the window :RpS_crying:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with above posts, mist coat it and then see what is what. Sand rough projections down and fill holes, etc.

Often paint hides a lot of sins whereas wall-lighting is unforgiving. :rolleyes)

Maybe its just me or the photo quality but im thinking the beads look tidy the angles look pretty sharp and been brushed and he's cleaned the doors off tidy etc. reskims never look as clean as new boardwork in my exp. maybe im just as rough as frank but im not seeing anything id be worried about.

I'm sure its not perfect but poor seems harsh to me

I always said judging a job from a picture is not like in flesh, especially plastering! It has its own way of drying and looks really strange before mistcoating . Then and only then you can see what is wrong with the wall. For a tradesman is easy to see it before that , but for a customer.......? Some of it will be well finished by the second mist coat and then you have the paint and then you say what was all the fuss about

Sometimes on board skimming I have small uneven surfaces and been worried what will look like after the paint - spot on, not even a shade when you look from different angles and this has occurred only on site jobs and my guess is a combination of wet boards and draft . Same think with hard wall and multi - orange skin feel sometimes . After the paint not even a small suggestion they have been there.

Sorry I am not sure how I can help... we don't endorse any plasterers... I also don't have a bank of mobile numbers...

Looks OK to me though... get some paint on it and then see what it looks like

As I say you cannot really see what I mean. It looks smoky if that make sense? Although it is flat and smooth I just thought the plaster would all the same colour. It's a touch clearer in this picture I think

View attachment 4554

Could somebody please take a look at it? Does anyone know the number I provided you with?
hi suzanne,i am fussy and I do like my plaster to be a nice even colour for this reason,it looks neater and better to the customer however it is only the colour,it is designed to be painted so as long as there is no major holes,bumps or hollows it will be fine when painted.

Suzzanne as the fellas have said it don't look bad in the pic You may change your mind when it is painted
But looking at the second pic it aint dry enough yet to paint it So leave it to dry before the mist coat

Tbh it looks a fair enough job, importantly, how much is he owing you? You said he didn't return but you retained some money. How much?
How are you so sure his work is rough, have you had plasterer's work for you before?
Tbh, I've worked for a few customers over the years and they have had serious obsession disorders, nothing was ever the way they imagined it to be and that might be your problem.
Basic facts instead of "smokey" coloured plaster? And lads, how do we know Suzanne is legit?

Welcome to the forum @Suzanne

Luckily for you I am the forums unpaid private investigator.
I think I know who frank is but I'm not a grass, unless there's lots of money involved :)
Pm me the mobile number so I can check it with my findings :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As I say you cannot really see what I mean. It looks smoky if that make sense? Although it is flat and smooth I just thought the plaster would all the same colour. It's a touch clearer in this picture I think

View attachment 4554

Could somebody please take a look at it? Does anyone know the number I provided you with?

If it's flat and smooth, don't put yourself through major stress. Any bits of plaster that feel rough, like droppings or where he may have left 'fat' on the surface can be removed with the widest scraper you have.

On the first image, I can see the odd thing: on the top of the left wall looks to have a hollow that's been filled with fat as he's trowelled out from the corner ... while the right wall, half way up, may have trowelling up fat left on the surface?

But although it's not the best of the best plastering, it doesn't grab me as especially problematic. He coulda cleaned the door off!!!

In the second image, can I see a line of fat left off the trowel an inch or so above the bead in the top right corner of the alcove?... the same is true diagonally in the bottom left? If so and they are both rough to the touch, rub the sxxt off with a wide scraper till smooth. ('scuse my French)

The money, however, would burn my nuts if he's left the job with more than he's entitled to.

An idea: who's painting it for you? Make a few phone calls to a painter & decorator or two for a quote and show them the job... they'll be best to say if it's irretrievably bad or good enough.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum @Suzanne

Luckily for you I am the forums unpaid private investigator.
I think I know who frank is but I'm not a grass, unless there's lots of money involved :)
Pm me the mobile number so I can check it with my findings :)

Nisus and Suzanne sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

Stop stalking the nice lady, she has enough troubles without you adding to them. :RpS_sneaky:

View attachment 4554

it looks like it dried to fast for him and trowed the hell out of it all the staggers in it u can see he it got ahead of him i understand ur anger he could be a good spread an odd time things go wrong just make sure the painter is top lad and say u will pay extra to fix it up

Nisus and Suzanne sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

Stop stalking the nice lady, she has enough troubles without you adding to them. :RpS_sneaky:

I've got into if she's got cash :)
Full name, address, phone numbers :RpS_wink:
I Don't do this for free you know :)

Thanks guys. Everything is sorted now. A couple things have happened in the last few days. The decorator quickly put on a first coat for me even though he was not due to start the job for another week. The finish looked great. We both agreed on that. Frank appeared late yesterday afternoon and we have now sorted everything out. He had and still has lost his mobile and had some personal problems at the end of last week that I cannot mention. I seem to have overreacted and the plastering was of a good standard after all. Many thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.