Polymer render 101

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is meant by polymer and how does that relate to render..... i.e.. benefits/limitations, i know i could have googled it but i thought i would ask from the lads who REALLY know with years of hands on experience, apologies if this has been covered lads just thought it maybe a good topic for disscusion.................

i am aware that monocouche is a polymer render etc etc............. just thought it would be good to share views and for people to learn a bit

Theres high polymer renders and renders that are polymer modified. Mainly it is sbr but there are other goodies chucked in there as well. The render will be stickier, a bit more plyable, water repellant. It has many advantages over traditional s&c but it also comes at a price.

Basically yes. If you mix SBR into a rendering mix, it becomes a polymer modified render.

so lets get to the bottom of it, you can or could modify sand/cement to the standard of a parex/k rend/weber etc render system with the addition in X amount of SBR to make it a one coat render, giving that the suction has been slowed either by priming or an sbr/polymer modified base coat??????????????

so why cant you one coat with the addition of sbr in sand and cement? what makes the pre-bagged stuff any different?????[/QUO

well is not that easy SBR is one addition there are other's acrylic , you can add SBR to S&C then call it polymer modified ,polymers & acrylic's are plastics by the way so add flexibility /strength /water resilience !! but ordinary S&C has to much water already in the mix, now if you get your sand dried -out then add powderd plastics /OPC or ordinary portland cement then you are getting nearer to the baged product's being sold under various names , with various differences , thats about all i know .........

so lets get to the bottom of it, you can or could modify sand/cement to the standard of a parex/k rend/weber etc render system with the addition in X amount of SBR to make it a one coat render, giving that the suction has been slowed either by priming or an sbr/polymer modified base coat??????????????

base coat only needed for high suction or poor substrates..... with mesh as standard in your lovely HOME MADE "F*ck you render company and your bullsh*t rules put in place to make me buy more material even though its my dads house and he couldnt give a toss about guarantees cos ill sort it anyway" POLYMER MODIFIED RENDER :RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

base coat only needed for high suction or poor substrates..... with mesh as standard in your lovely HOME MADE "F*ck you render company and your bullsh*t rules put in place to make me buy more material even though its my dads house and he couldnt give a toss about guarantees cos ill sort it anyway" POLYMER MODIFIED RENDER :RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

probs went a bit OTT there for the laugh but the sentiment still stands lol

Crazy carl..........is this your own thread marra................:RpS_laugh:
think you've been drinking SBR..................:RpS_lol:

Reminds me of a BMW forum I'm a mod on, got one bloke who opened two accounts and spent most of the time arguing against himself on separate computers.. :RpS_laugh:

Reminds me of a BMW forum I'm a mod on, got one bloke who opened two accounts and spent most of the time arguing against himself on separate computers.. :RpS_laugh:

I am on a domestic forum with several usernames. Never lost an argument yet.

BMW Forum..............? WTF.............

Are there really forums for EVERYTHING?

If you trawl through the history on this forum, I am sure you will find the same with multiple accts arguing with themselves...... LOL (but that is another thread all together!)

OY CARL!!!! If you give folks time to answer it WILL be an interesting thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :RpS_thumbdn:

weber ocr and monocouche are not polymer renders there may be a tiny amount of blend but hardly enough to call them polymer render.

the likes of the maite you say you are not talking about are the polymer render classed products

Carl just buy bagged CPI, it ant that much more expensive and the amount you save in labour and scaffold cost more then makes up for it. Rubs up nicer and when its wetter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.