Polished/varnished woodwork

What’s the best way to clean up dado rail, skirting, facing after plastering?
Filthy Arab!
1595264617798.jpeg

:LOL:

But I’m not expecting an answer from you as I don’t believe you are a spread. Lol. Fookin dosser
Lol. Stupid boy! I’m a 3rd generation spread you f**k**g muppet! Get scrubbing all your mess up, you filthy Arab.

Something that will sit on for 30 days like frog or tesa yellow above dado on wall then cut up correx board and tape to the masking on wall with duck tape... If you drop anything it won't knock chuck out of the dado and keep clean..
If you think you won't knock the dado use 30+ day masking tape. Wet plaster don't half stick and damage surfaces, never mind trowel taking digging in.. Polished wood has to remain dry imo.

You have to factor protection cost in time and materials. I allow something like 2 hours and £30+ to cover everything up. Domestics need carpet protector. Plastic drop cloth. Correx. Masking. Ram board or tarps. Wood is the worst though. Go in gun oh your going to get unhappy customer and many hours trying to clean up.

You have to factor protection cost in time and materials. I allow something like 2 hours and £30+ to cover everything up. Domestics need carpet protector. Plastic drop cloth. Correx. Masking. Ram board or tarps. Wood is the worst though. Go in gun oh your going to get unhappy customer and many hours trying to clean up.
I always use viscreen over dust sheets,miles better

f**k me, how dirty can a dado rail get? Just run a trowel a long it at the end give it a wipe any other bits will get picked up when the decorator rubs down to paint it surly. I sometimes tape them up but to use a while tub of big wipes and still not clean. what did you do skim over it? Lol

f**k me, how dirty can a dado rail get? Just run a trowel a long it at the end give it a wipe any other bits will get picked up when the decorator rubs down to paint it surly. I sometimes tape them up but to use a while tub of big wipes and still not clean. what did you do skim over it? Lol
I forgot to say. It was 4 rooms

Always always clean as you go.

If you insist on being a scruffy arse, and really enjoy adding time onto your day, then wire wool is good.

You want Tesa 4323..sometimes called tesa 3 day tape.
Comes in different widths up to 75mm. I normaly buy in 50mm wide. Good for a maximum of 3 days applied and brilliant for carpet.
I pay about £2.61 a roll from rs components Inc delivery when you buy 6± rolls.
There is a tesa phone app where it will tell you what tapes are good for what surfaces. Fossa tapes are good value again and thicker crepe tape that will work better for plastering. Maybe. The fossa tapes with have a tad more strength so will peal off without breaking when wet. Cheap naff masking don't have surface realise coating and will stick to itself and you can get a off the roll. We've all been there. Also tapes should be kept at room temperature. Good work there though taping up. That will save you time cleaning up..