polished plaster?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
any of you do any polished plastering and if u do, what's demand like?

what i've seen of it is a bit hit n miss. it's either stunning or wank! depends on product and who's doing it i suppose!

i guess it's more commercial, restaurants, hotels n that.

ive heard theres a limited demand cos of its limitations but i might be considering adding it next year if the flexi takes off nicely, it might just be good to be able to offer em a polished finish in the odd circumstance and the flexi would create the inroads and fire the customers imagination a bit..
goldtrowel are 400 quid for a course...
going rate 70 a metre upwards..
its a long process though.. lay on get it flat, let it dry..
first coat marbling... let it dry..
2nd coat marbling, let it dry...
finally burnish and seal...
3 day job really...
still, the flexi is a 2 day job minimum.. so like i said, once theyve got the idea in their heads..

i got into venetian plastering about 12 yearsor so ago in states where theres more money than sense out of all the products i used the ONLY oneto use because of ease and looks was a product called spatula stuui, i wouldnt want to try and sell it in barrow mind

couple well interested.. just want a sample of the effect theyre looking for first..
i could really do with a bit more cash first cos people do need to see it... give me 3 months i think for a better idea..

ive only ever seen it on 2 commercial jobs ive been on one feature wall in a court lobby and a few collumns in manchester airport

rockhardsolidplastering said:
i got into venetian plastering about 12 yearsor so ago in states where theres more money than sense out of all the products i used the ONLY oneto use because of ease and looks was a product called spatula stuui, i wouldnt want to try and sell it in barrow mind

Ha ha ha, you ain't wrong mucka, Struggle to sell normal bloody plaster round ere!

theres a lad on uk spreads who did the mike wye course and posted a couple of pics of work done, looks the b*ll***s ......i'd love to be able to do it go for it

rockhardsolidplastering said:
i promise its a piece of wee wee the product is everything
exactly the same with flexi...
is there one you can use for say kitchen worktops rockhard?.. i know theres loads of different products for different finishes..

no dont think it will work on workbenches but hey flexi probably would shud make some samples on ply and take them to kitchen people obviously you will of thought to go and see conservatory people that bstuff could luck mint in them ,listen chris i thought stones way of introducing himself was poor BUT i believe there is a good market for that stuff and if it were me id be trying to find a niche market that you could use it you know small quick easier than big jobs and the dough jeeps coming in i like the worktop idea

yeh you can do worktops in a light texture stone effect no worries but the polished idea for flex is out the window..
every job i price for plastering i show em the pics and offer to tile kitchen floors any style different textures any colour for the same price (or less) than slate or porcelaine tiles..
the big jobs will come in time... i just like the fact you can do this sort of thing with it and get little jobs that are easily affordable to the customer and are a unique talking point at dinner parties etc..
got one at the minute lookin at kitchen and bathroom floor and quite possibly splashbacks too.. should be a cracker if it comes off.. dead easy to do too and minimum outlay for gear..

Status
Not open for further replies.