podger

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
cross troweler said:
when i was learning my old man made me mix with a stick, and he would play hell if there were lumps in the gear!!!

yep , stick it and then podge,that is when we NEEDED labourers

Mines in the van all the time ;)
Same as above use it for a small mixes now & again saves getting the mixing gear out plus you can mix it anywhere seen as no power needed ;D

But I have had to use it on bigger jobs when sparkys got power off :mad:
fcuking handy tool to have as i know a spread that will go home if the powers off ???

a podger is a spanner, usually a 17 or 19mm with a spike art the other end instead of another spanner...
used in steel erecting or 'assembly' to help line bolt holes up in corresponding 'items' of steelwork...

the term was 'borrowed' by plasterers cos thats the sound it makes when its about ready...
love to see you knock a gorilla tubful up with one without wishing you brought the bloody wisk... ;D

without a tall 'plasterers' (brewers) bucket theyre next to f'ckin useless..
better of knockin half a bag up with a bucket trowel imo... ;D

Nisus said:
Same as above use it for a small mixes now & again saves getting the mixing gear out plus you can mix it anywhere seen as no power needed ;D

But I have had to use it on bigger jobs when sparkys got power off :mad:
fcuking handy tool to have as i know a spread that will go home if the powers off ???
i went ome last week when the under ground power line went off.

Nisus said:
Your right Chris the tall bucket is ideal for a podger,
Never used it in a Gorilla tub
dont... all you do is splash all the walls, your face, front of your clothes.... anything cept get the f'ckin lumps out.... do better with a bucket trowel and some elbow grease... serious... :-X

i reckon 'readymixed plaster in a sqeezy toothpaste tube' is gonna replace the old bike cog for them 'wot no power? and im not buying the gear? are you havin a giraffe?' jobs.....

for the smaller mixes we've got one of those cheap mixers off ebay. about £60 and its 240v so no need for tranny. if the power goes off then im gone. im not mixing up by hand OR working without a radio!

Tut tut Steve that's no attitude to have as a self employed plasterer ;D

Get yourself a makita radio a podger & a flask. ;D
Then it doesn't matter if there's no power or not ;)
My mate uses an 18v cordless with a paddle in emergencies & i gotta say it can knock up bag after bag no probs 8)

how am i meant to use my electric sander if theres no power?!!!! ;D seriously though theres no way im knocking up bag after bag with a F*****g podger. ive had the power go when im mixing a bucket and finished it off with one but thats my limit! i'd rather carry a genny in the van than a podger!

Oh yeah i forgot about the sander ;D
Is that for after you've skimmed in the dark because there's no power for the lights ::)

If you don't want to carry a podger do what my mate does have a cordless with a big paddle for emergencies only ;D
Better than carrying a genny round with ya.

it was called a plunger where i came from-an old triumph cog it was-f**k me i had a luvly six pack in them days!big metal bath and a rake was fun as well-and 50 kg bags-ahhh the good ol days!

nelly said:
Nisus said:

That'll be me then

;D

Well there's more than one way to mix up plaster.
That's the way i look at it ;)
Your not earning when your sitting in the house are ya :p

Fcuk me it ain't that hard using a podger if you only do one wall at a time nelly, it'd only be a small mix ;D ;D ;D ;D

used to call them bumpers still use em on small buckets or for mixing up artex ,i find if mixed by hand it dont set as quick [and enjoy watching me mate chase a bucket around the floor even caught the t**t on his knees trying to hold the bucket]moments like that make it all worthwhile ;)

i've got one one the little plastic artex plungers, used it today actually...

it looks more like a s&m tool. Might buy one and try it out on the job, I mean on my job er I mean I might shove it in my bucket and move it in and out rapidly er I mean I might use it to splash my mess about er I mean I might use it to get my lumps out of the fat er I mean ........

steve cov said:
the best use for it is to collect dust in the garage. no electrics, no steve!

Steve i've got a job in Coventry & i can't do it at the mo I'm really busy,
do you want it mate? 5 days £200 a day only skimming walls, domestic piece of p1ss?

Oh forgot to say there's no electric ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.