Please sign this petition - for an explanation about BG finishing products!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the unifinish is being used in the multi to test It even further, who has got the balls to try and skim a wall with no Pva to test my theory :) also maybe it's something to do with the plasterboards because most plasterboards are used from recycled plasterboards, sounds mad but have you tried skimming a boarded wall that has been up a year?

I was thinking this earlier. What do we think of the additive that makes uni finish bond to walls being added in to all finish? A one man band not liking it but having no real option to switch away from it verses the added benefits it may add to a commercial company in lifespan probably outweighs the little man. Maybe it means they have less problems on a commercial scale on their guarentees? I might just be paranoid but im sure their out to get me.

The standard of finish is getting worse,been a PLASTERER for nearly 30 years and it would appear that nearly every bag is different, how can you adjust how to use it if you don't know how it's going to react,had a lot of problems just lately with tiger stripes that I never used to get,don't do anything any different it's just shite gear end of

It's very hit and miss at the moment. Despite the super heroes making excuses and saying it's us, this, that, it is infact the material.

Sort it out BG.

It's very hit and miss at the moment. Despite the super heroes making excuses and saying it's us, this, that, it is infact the material.

Sort it out BG.

It not about being a "super hero" I have not noticed a change simple as, I deal with each set as it comes knowing that it may not be exactly the same as the last. Those with tiger stripe issues that is down to the spread.

Tiger stripes again haha.....
Playing with it to much too early.
Having to put to much pressure on too late.

I have been away on hols, but the last job i did all the bottom of arms were sore, i`, sure it was the multi i was using, i`m never one to complain about the quality, or the bags, but id swear blind that stuff almost burnt my arms

That's the typical ass covering statement you are expecting from a salesman when it comes down to waranty !
Here is , how it will look like if I have to cover myself with an statement and requirements for using the product:

1) all bags to be vacuum packed and impact resistant. I can't be responsible nor wasting my time and nerves if the fork lift driver or the labours are moving them around without care.
2) The main contractor or BG to gives us the forecast for the week and tell us when is appropriate to use the product, based on knowledge and experience
3)the back ground to be inspected before every job and an method statement to be issued
4) the manufacturer to provide tested and reliable mixer, with sensors, that will prevent you from over or under mixing . Any 10 sec more or less can cause problem with the mix.
5)BG's jobs to be carried out only by approved "users"
6) full analysis of the water before you start with the job and the product to be tested before using with the particular water supply.
7) covered by 6)
8) national concourse for tool supplier and only these tool to be used on site
9)covered by5)
10) covered by4)

this is is how it will look like if I have to take on BG. Give it to my solicitor and he will find another 20 reasons and add another 30pages to it!

To say I never had probl m using multifinish will be a lie . I have the most of the issues on site work and I am not blind to see the difference between the bags- some are smoother, some are rough. It's quite noticeable when you wash the bucket and see more of the content! The reasons for that can be endless , but not as effective as the product . I can adjust and always will , but when I have to do this with every one or two apartments, now that's b*ll***s. We don't talk of " users" skills here, we talk about consistence! We all can adapt , but need to be given the opportunity to do it and someone to explain it or put it on the bags,so to give us a fly start!

Attachments

• 1426271938792.jpg
    1426271938792.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, quick intro. Plasterer for 25yrs. Mostly commercial, New build refurbs etc. On this subject I still have my original trowel(carbon steel) blade immaculate, broke in on carlite finish. It's NO use on board or multi finish. Just rips/tears the finish unless on final hard trowling. I now use plasiflex/speedskim and stainless stellar. U will note all SOFTER than carbon steel. The plaster HAS changed hence we all are using SOFTER blades for SOFTER plaster. Also on tiger stripes, here's my theory. Look along the plasterboards, shiny/dull, shinny/dull. This is where the roller applying starch to the boards hits and misses. Causing indifferent suction. We've all felt it when trowling up. Agreed, flattering 1st coat etc all are essential and work. But the combination of SOFTER plaster and indifferent suction cannot help. Ps when I started, finish was given 2 wet trowels and 1 dry cross. It was immaculate. How much work does it need now? The player and boards/paper have changed as have we had to. Gypsum just throw up the umbrella and everything doesn't touch them. Just a personal opinion

They pay 2.85 to apply and finish on site, get used to it or quit being a plasterer/skimmer. Whack it on and take the money or someone else will.

Those rates are appallingly, anyone paying shite money like that wants staking out naked in the desert.Anyone prepared to work for rates like that should maybe have a quiet word with themselves as well, thats grim.

@zombie. When all this started a few weeks ago I wasn't sure on the day why the multi wasn't going off as usual. I thought I was just having an off day. I've seen the kitchen fitter I did the job for that day since and he said there where a few strange cracks in the work. Re skimmed walls no cracks there previously and every board joint cracked on the ceiling even though IT WAS scrimmed. I've only has a bad batch once before this day. It's made me look a bit of a tit on my second job for him. Luckily he's giving me the benefit of the doubt. Fare play bg for stepping up but it really isn't consistent since the bags came out with the new uni finish badge on

@zombie. When all this started a few weeks ago I wasn't sure on the day why the multi wasn't going off as usual. I thought I was just having an off day. I've seen the kitchen fitter I did the job for that day since and he said there where a few strange cracks in the work. Re skimmed walls no cracks there previously and every board joint cracked on the ceiling even though IT WAS scrimmed. I've only has a bad batch once before this day. It's made me look a bit of a tit on my second job for him. Luckily he's giving me the benefit of the doubt. Fare play bg for stepping up but it really isn't consistent since the bags came out with the new uni finish badge on

I reckon you must be a tit, every board joint cracked lol you can't blame the plaster for that my friend and to think you can makes you a tit

We'll tell me this why did it only crack on the joints and not across the actual boards if as you say it was the finish plaster ?

It did crack on the walls. The joint is the weakest point so if it was going to crack it would be there.

It did crack on the walls. The joint is the weakest point so if it was going to crack it would be there.

On the walls it may of dried to quick, but the ceiling is more likely to be down to the boards not being fixed correctly not enough screws, joists having to much movement but trust me it's not the plaster.

On the walls it may of dried to quick, but the ceiling is more likely to be down to the boards not being fixed correctly not enough screws, joists having to much movement but trust me it's not the plaster.

Ok thanks for your advice have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.