Please help... Monocouche...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavinia

Afternoon, came across this very useful looking forum and am hoping you may be able to help me..
I had a reputable crew out to Monocouche render all the walls & garage in my garden about 18 months ago.
They did a great job and it looked perfect.
However, it has now started going green (was originally cream)... I initially thought it could have been the grass, but the grass never gets that long? And it's now at the top as well as the bottom...
It's looking majorly rank, which after spending nearly £3k, I didn't expect to happen..
I would be very grateful for any advice you may be able to give me to get it back looking & staying cream...
Thank you

This problem occurs on most renders close to live flora-parks, rivers, wood etc. You have to treat it at the very beginning or it will be almost impossible to do right at later stage. Every manufacturer has its own anti fungal chemicals, which you should apply from the very beginning . This problem occurs also on the self cleaning systems, so it's not something typical for the ocr renders, but is more likely with them.

image.jpeg

Any chance of some pictures :) may help

image.jpeg

Has your house got trees close to it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope, no trees at all...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 928
This problem occurs on most renders close to live flora-parks, rivers, wood etc. You have to treat it at the very beginning or it will be almost impossible to do right at later stage. Every manufacturer has its own anti fungal chemicals, which you should apply from the very beginning . This problem occurs also on the self cleaning systems, so it's not something typical for the ocr renders, but is more likely with them.

Is there anyway of cleaning it and then treating it?

Clean it , seal it , and just wash it down with a hose pipe every now and then , you will fine the green is not as bad in the summer

Clean it , seal it , and just wash it down with a hose pipe every now and then , you will fine the green is not as bad in the summer

Thank you... How would you recommend we clean it, and what do we use to seal it?

Soft brush before jet wash. Copings should be wide enough to take the dripping off the wall. Use mastic underneath the copings to minimise contamination.

Not sure if this would work but you guys who do a lot of mono could do a little experiment in your next job. Years ago and maybe in some cases today they used to have a copper strip on a roof on the ridge tiles. From what I believe once the rain water runs down the roof the chemicals out of the copper would stop the growth of moss and algee. If someone was to lay a strip of copper or a pipe squashed with a hammer and lay it below the coping a on a wall but only half way along then in 12 months we can see the progress, what ya recon?

Well worth a go with copings,but it happens on window sill edges also.Imo all Mono should be sealed on completion.

That problem is down to the inadequate copings.

Also happens on North and East facing walls on well insulated new builds and decent ewi. Lack of lost heat to dry the wall out combined with lack of the sun and maybe lack of ventilation.

Always said this gear is not suitable for this country, looks good to start but the main benefit of not having to paint is not true in most cases. If they f**k it off in this country, plastering will be even more f**k*d coz no one will be able to use sand and cement :)

That problem is down to the inadequate copings.

Also happens on North and East facing walls on well insulated new builds and decent ewi. Lack of lost heat to dry the wall out combined with lack of the sun and maybe lack of ventilation.
It's down to copings full stop I've seen that problem on every mono job that had copings on the top. The same problem happens with brick walls over time because of the joint, maybe using a different product to bed them on with might help in discolouring but water seeping through is the problem.

Weber never stated "no need to paint " think it is "a low maintenance render " they said ,i could be wrong

It's down to copings full stop I've seen that problem on every mono job that had copings on the top. The same problem happens with brick walls over time because of the joint, maybe using a different product to bed them on with might help in discolouring but water seeping through is the problem.
i sometimes think the coping makes more staining ,as you say on the joints

Weber never stated "no need to paint " think it is "a low maintenance render " they said ,i could be wrong

When you look into it weber is pretty shite isn't it? Is it a 10 yr guarantee? K-rend is 30yr??

No wonder that weber is like a big lump of chalk [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you look into it weber is pretty shite isn't it? Is it a 10 yr guarantee? K-rend is 30yr??

No wonder that weber is like a big lump of chalk [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K rend ? as we all know their mono is great !

Always said this gear is not suitable for this country, looks good to start but the main benefit of not having to paint is not true in most cases. If they f**k it off in this country, plastering will be even more f**k*d coz no one will be able to use sand and cement :)

Just do what we do up here, slap cement on the wall and throw hundreds of wee stones at it to cover any trowel marks, hollows etc etc :D

I'm not sure what anyone States but anyone who is pushing it and doing it states that as the number one benefit. When your pushing it what do you say is it's main benefit because it's a lot more expensive than traditional render.

I'm not sure what anyone States but anyone who is pushing it and doing it states that as the number one benefit. When your pushing it what do you say is it's main benefit because it's a lot more expensive than traditional render.
Tbh ,most customers i have just like the finish ,i tell them ,depending on the property and location ,they could get 5/7 years out of it before painting .I do agree there are some that sell it by saying it does not need painting ,which is wrong

Low maintenance lol what does that mean? In my eyes you don't have to paint it. I can't see any other maintenance for a rendered wall and like what's been said if the stones are the finish what could be less maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.