Please help. Don’t know what to do or where to turn


New Member
Hello everyone,

We suffered a big water leak a few weeks ago from the first floor of our house. Completely destroyed everything downstairs.
I got some dehumidifiers and fans in.
It became apparent that the plasterboard was still wet so all of it had to be removed because mould had started.
Moving on a few weeks I removed the skirting upstairs and downstairs and there is mould there too and the bottom of the plasterboard is mouldy…green/black mould.
I don’t know what to do or who to turn to. My health is not so good and I have done what I can but I don’t know where to start or what to do.
I have not slept because if the stress.
Please can someone guide/help.


  • 9DBF194D-1A0C-4DCC-BD46-44B904BF4A5A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 9ECC882E-784E-41F2-BA36-7178413AA43A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 1237A242-C32E-4950-9759-E1F37B7F8820.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • E660A998-EC98-4989-853A-02FAA0A09B15.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50


Private Member
get someone in to quote the works.

contact insurance company and provide them info of damage and costs.

done right thing removeing water damaged boards. keep humidifiers on


Well-Known Member
either way works gotta be done. insurance or no insurance
Loss Adjuster will reduce claim if mucked about with more than basic stopping the damage.
Had one case where tenant made the tank leak, then ripped down all the edges of the wallpaper saying it had got wet - tenant really just wanted new wallpaper, got tired of the "old" one (new 9 months previously).
Claim got rejected and British Gas had to pay the bill for their (the tenant) engineer's damage.