plaziflex blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been skimming for 5-6 years and a guy doing some rendering on the site I'm at showed me his plaziflex trowel yesterday. He let me have a go while I was skimming a room and gotta say I really liked it. He told me where to get one, but he had two blades for it, one that was quite stiff like plastic, the other was a lot softer and had a lot more bend in it almost like rubber. I much preferred the softer blade but when I went to the shop he didn't know what I was talking about. I looked on the refina website and noticed they have different thicknesses of blade. Anyone know which I should be looking for?

I use the 14'' non sponge back... more rigid.... great bit of kit

Noticed they do white blades for render... Will be picking some of these up on my next refina order

Then you want the 1.5mm blade I think it is .... give refina a call and they'll be happy to help ... every time I've spoken to them been easy to dealwith

Ive heard plasterers one stop shop are going to have some new trowels in soon so id have a look there :RpS_thumbup: think it might be monday for them going on the website though

I think @plasterersonestopshop has a new s*p*r*lex type trowel coming soon. I can't wait to order one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like the stiffer blade I would go for the S/S flexible blade but if you liked the softer one you need to be looking for a foamed backed blade.

I know u don't like it now Scottie! It will be an improvement. Will be better than the Refina!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App
Im very keen to have a look ryan, cause that 16" eze with the wooden handle would of been an awesome trowel had it been more flexible. I posted the 14" on to @johniosaif for his views (dont think he's been converted).

We have both of the trowels and we are working hard with a manufacturer to make sure it will be better.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

The Refina s*p*r*lex stainless steel trowel is nothing short of astonishing for skimming and @scottie5 I'm going to have to disagree that the foam back plazzi trowel from Refina is brilliant but only used for the last trowel its every painters nightmare that trowel which is perhaps why I love it :RpS_thumbsup:

The Refina s*p*r*lex stainless steel trowel is nothing short of astonishing for skimming and @scottie5 I'm going to have to disagree that the foam back plazzi trowel from Refina is brilliant but only used for the last trowel its every painters nightmare that trowel which is perhaps why I love it :RpS_thumbsup:
I know what your saying about the plazzi greg, at least to start off with, and it took me a long time to admit that the finish it left, especially with a blade thats been worn a little isnt on close inspection as high as the s*p*r*lex, super shiney isnt always a sign of a quality finish. Of course Its all subjective and lots of people will disagree with me. But personally except for trowelling up curves and winders mine never come out the van any more.

I use my s*p*r*lex stainless mate but been doing this curved staircase and can't get a trowel in some of it so used some spats I bought off fleabay and because the plazzi is so flexible I went over it with that as the spat finish wasn't up to scratch!?. I know what you mean regard the plazzi as it skates over everything, blebs etc but as a last trowel its fab and yes far too shiny but as i say that's for painters to sort out lol :RpS_laugh:

hi marshy how did the curved staircase go- was it easy than expected for a plasterer of your calibre :RpS_laugh:

Was fiddley because the boarding and beading by the staircase people was OK but wish they'd left the beading!? Had to over spread a lot of it and form arris's going back Monday after work as should all be dry by then and take some pics :RpS_wink:

I know what your saying about the plazzi greg, at least to start off with, and it took me a long time to admit that the finish it left, especially with a blade thats been worn a little isnt on close inspection as high as the s*p*r*lex, super shiney isnt always a sign of a quality finish. Of course Its all subjective and lots of people will disagree with me. But personally except for trowelling up curves and winders mine never come out the van any more.

sums it up superbly :RpS_thumbup:

Another case solved @Jurek :RpS_laugh:
attachment.php

Im doing a load of curved wall/ceilings to do in 3 weeks, so going to try one out... if marshy gets his finger out and sends me the link....

lol.. yeh ya noisy f**k*r....lol our house is at end of rd.. black pick up, nip in for a brew mate

Status
Not open for further replies.