Plasticizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRM

Hi all,

Just looking for some general info on plasticizers if poss please, I have an extremely large ceiling to skim soon and I am looking for something to add to the multi finish to stop it going off too quickly. I have read somewhere that mortar plasticizer will do the trick but am just looking for clarification and mix ratios really if anybody would be too kind.... cheers ;)

Ive used snowcrete or hot water in the past both knock the set back. have any o u lads used a sponge float
or pool trowel

JRM said:
Hi all,

Just looking for some general info on plasticizers if poss please, I have an extremely large ceiling to skim soon and I am looking for something to add to the multi finish to stop it going off too quickly. I have read somewhere that mortar plasticizer will do the trick but am just looking for clarification and mix ratios really if anybody would be too kind.... cheers ;)

I dont like to add anything thats not specified on the mixing instructions. If it it all goes wrong by adding c.rap you,ll be p1ssed off. As was posted the other day mate, if it's too big for you, get someone to give you a hand ;)

The first job I did was a 3x4 ceiling, you'll be fine mate just seal it well and don't panic and be organized. Good luck!

grand wizard said:
cement and ho(french word)er make plaster go off quicker

Correct. u would be better off sticking to the febmix. If its a bathroom a dash of
waterproofer does no harm

hang on the guy never said the size of the ceiling ..... it was IRISH who said it was 3 x 2 not matey.

IRISH you are a pain in the ring lol

irish_spread said:
grand wizard said:
cement and ho(french word)er make plaster go off quicker

Correct. u would be better off sticking to the febmix. If its a bathroom a dash of
waterproofer does no harm

;D

Just paint it pink they won't know fcuk em ::)

grand wizard said:
so water is a swear word now mmmmmmmm????

Thats me finished drinking w a t e r in the pub then. From now on im
just gonna use it as an admix to feb when im skimming

hot water without a space has t w a t in the middle! sam telfer are you related to paul? and what is a poor trowel!?

JRM said:
Hi all,

Sorry about the delay.. guess the moment's kind of passed by now but the ceiling in question is approximately 8 x 6m, won't be a problem if can't find anything, just wanted to slightly take the pressure off if poss! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.