Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

wanting to give a plaster trowel ago
iv spent about 2 hours to day searching thru the old forum posts about em
but never really got no real answers as of witch is best to go for

as only really saw the plaster1stop one and refina reviews

any pros n cons on using plastics and witch one should i invest in

also another question is iv read people say they are less strain on the body?
i just cant see how as still have to go threw same motions as using a ss trowel

also another question is iv read people say they are less strain on the body?
i just cant see how as still have to go threw same motions as using a ss trowel
The are easier as the are more flexible but you will only use it for last trowel also you will get nicks in it all the time ,handy enough a tool

There a bit like a kids blanky !cos they will put a descent finish on your work if your really hustling as kirk says !if that makes sense probaly not lol! Its just a back up !but only for the final stages!I prefer those from one stop shop

ive recently got the refina one,, had a few goes with it but always seem to put it down and go back to my s*p*r*lex,, i think the one stop shop plazzi is the one that gets the better reviews ,, i might try one of them myself

ive recently got the refina one,, had a few goes with it but always seem to put it down and go back to my s*p*r*lex,, i think the one stop shop plazzi is the one that gets the better reviews ,, i might try one of them myself
Cheap too

if its only used for last trowel do you get a noticable diffrence to finish of if ud of used a normal 14inch stainless

i think i always read to much in to tools like the speedskim took me like 4 months to buy
as spent so long reading reviews

but id not look back now as makes job easier hopfully this will be same

got the perfect job to try it out on coming up on the 12th a hair saloon re skim

ill give you a message few days before

Worth giving one a go , id say try a 18 -20 inch they flatten in nicely , seem quite big at first but you should soon get use to it , as for the down sides like others have said they nic really easy , so carry some p180 - 200 wet and dry with you at all times , and they useless if there is any suction on the plaster , also in corners and ceiling junctions they are not as good as as steel trowel , ive had both the refina one and the plazzy one from one stop i think :RpS_confused:, out of the two i preferred the plazzy one but thats just imo .

20" refina only steel is a spat

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Worth giving one a go , id say try a 18 -20 inch they flatten in nicely , seem quite big at first but you should soon get use to it , as for the down sides like others have said they nic really easy , so carry some p180 - 200 wet and dry with you at all times , and they useless if there is any suction on the plaster , also in corners and ceiling junctions they are not as good as as steel trowel , ive had both the refina one and the plazzy one from one stop i think :RpS_confused:, out of the two i preferred the plazzy one but thats just imo .
Wire wool is good for the nicks

Bought a 20" Regina one just before Christmas. Used it on a 20m new p/b ceiling.
Awesome.
Layed on with steel, flattened immediately after with the plazi, played on second coat once picked up and everything else with the plazi, very little water(could have got away with no water but felt unnatural, lol).
Got too confident with it an it came up like a mirror :RpS_blushing:

Effortless to use once you get used to the lightness of it, no stress on joints like a steel trowel

arrived this morning
only had a tiny bit of skimming to do today but left a lovely finish
i fort i was going to struggle with the way handle was but i actually found it more comfortable to hold than the m/t handles
looking forward to using on some bigger jobs

I used mine for the first time today. Didn't like it want back over the work with the ss s*p*r*lex. Ill sand it down and give it ago. It was on a reskim does that make a difference

i used mine pretty much straight out the box today flashed over a few walls i ad done yesterday with it dry then used normally on tiny ceiling

I used mine for the first time today. Didn't like it want back over the work with the ss s*p*r*lex. Ill sand it down and give it ago. It was on a reskim does that make a difference
Did it seem draggy and a bit fury?

Yes and leaving small lines
Don't worry about the little lines mate that's normal with them once it's painted they won't show, try it later on in the set like when it would be ready for a wet cross trowel or a bit later

Status
Not open for further replies.