Plastic trowels!!!!!

Members online

Did this all way through with the ox plastic spastic! Didn't like it personally maybe I need to persist with it and get my timing right but I guess it gets better the more it wears in? Don't get me wrong was bang on to look and touch il go back and see how it's dried later in week! IL persist with it for a while and update (y) View attachment 39984
You put on with it as well

I’ve got a nela max in the trowel graveyard mate. I’ve used it twice and just thought it was shite, so it’s now brown bread.
Persistence is probably the key I think. I'm usually the same though if I don't like something instantly I f**k it off! Probably why I'm single :ROFLMAO:

If your work looks mint when wet but bad when it's dry, isn't that normally because your using too much water or fat late on in the game, it looks mint wet but a few days later when it's all dries out, that nice shiny top coat has shrunk and left it looking dodgy

Could aslo be

Not trowelling up with enough pressure
Not closing off/sealing properly
Dirty water being used to polish

One coating without proper technical knowledge shouldnt be attempted by the amateurs.

Persistence is probably the key I think. I'm usually the same though if I don't like something instantly I f**k it off! Probably why I'm single :ROFLMAO:
I got it free and just thought it was a waste of time. Scratches the f**k out of the gear.

If your work looks mint when wet but bad when it's dry, isn't that normally because your using too much water or fat late on in the game, it looks mint wet but a few days later when it's all dries out, that nice shiny top coat has shrunk and left it looking dodgy

Could aslo be

One coating without proper technical knowledge shouldnt be attempted by the amateurs.
One coating is wrong full stop in my eyes people are paying hard earned money to have a job done correctly it's shortcutting bad practice in my opinion! But I ain't a site monkey so my work don't have to be rushed!

@John j I wouldn’t flatten with a max.

Max is only good for last pass imo. Because it’s rigid.

On bigger hits the plaziflex is great for a tidy up. I’ll put it on with stainless, lay in with stainless no flattening. Quick flick with plazi to take lines out n tidy without pulling water up. Leave it to firm. Go over with stainless so know it’s flat n filled. Quick flick with plazi for a polish. 1.5hr / 2hr gauge

Could aslo be

M.A.L.T.Y.S back

you still shagging that Polish bird?

One coating is wrong full stop in my eyes people are paying hard earned money to have a job done correctly it's shortcutting bad practice in my opinion! But I ain't a site monkey so my work don't have to be rushed!

I agree, I won't do it on domestics.

Those nice fresh plasterboard on site are asking for it though and like I've said before a million times if the site agents are passing one coat work and paying me for it, that is not my problem.

@John j I wouldn’t flatten with a max.

Max is only good for last pass imo. Because it’s rigid.

On bigger hits the plaziflex is great for a tidy up. I’ll put it on with stainless, lay in with stainless no flattening. Quick flick with plazi to take lines out n tidy without pulling water up. Leave it to firm. Go over with stainless so know it’s flat n filled. Quick flick with plazi for a polish. 1.5hr / 2hr gauge
Mate, A 2hr gauge has nothing to do with that plastic trowel, it’s because you’re one coating.

Na knock gear back with water sometimes. Can finish set sooner with plastic 100%. Can cross n go. If u try cross with steel it would drag .
It obviously works for you geez and that’s all that matters! (y)
I don’t use plastic trowels, but even with steel start to finish when 1 coating you can definitely knock an hour off a set.

It obviously works for you geez and that’s all that matters! (y)
I don’t use plastic trowels, but even with steel start to finish when 1 coating you can definitely knock an hour off a set.

What’s the most you’ll put on using steel straight through out of curiosity