Plastic Trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Got me other plastic trowel cant remember what there called but it's very flexible so it shouldn't snap, the blades all over the shop and the plastic looks like Tupperware tub but I actually pref the handle :RpS_thumbsup:

once its worn in in a couple of days itll be pukka mate:RpS_wink: use my one all the time

i only use the plastic on the cross after the wet trowel then ill give it a dry trowel with it and final cross finish its alot easier goin on the arm just glides over it and itll be ready to finish straight after youve crossed it from ya wet trowel i.e normal wet trowel the cross with plastic, then youll find its ready for final trowel straight away rather than waiting, also some times if youve done it right you can get off with just one wet trowel and the plazzy cross as the plazzy just brings the finish up lovley

jr is the skim still wet and soft when you introduce the plasic trowel to it?

na not really mate as i said i give it one normal wet trowel first and a ss cross trowel so its goin off by time i get the plazzy out but theres no brown patches if you know what i mean, when i have finished its usually just one consistant pink throughout. its hard to explain because i find i can bring the plastic out earlier than if i was givein it a second ss wet trowel because the plastic doesnt bring any of the fining's to the surface its finished earlier

by the way spunk if you get any winders to do you will love that barton trowel cos it will happily flex around all the angles, i used it to lay one on the other day and trowel it up and it finished pukka no need to brush in any akward angles or sit there shapeing anything

M8tyHi chaps just reading posts I ad Barton trowel design a bit naff cus the fixing that hold handle on blade eventually split the plastic but now I've gone into the refina plastic trowel & god damn it's the muts nuts get them off handtoolsxpress.co.uk av a look e a good lad we went to pick them up as not far from me (west mids) I know loads who av got them & all say the same try one. have ss towels .but plastic is the future mark the plasterer from black country ; )

I bought one of the refina 16" plastics. I have lightly sanded it. After the 2nd coat picked up, I flattened it with the steel and then waited a bit and then crossed troweled the plastic over it, I am getting lines the whole way down the length of the the plastic right across the wall. i thought I went on too early so I tried it on the next wall and waited a bit longer but same thing. I was thinking maybe I sanded with with the sandpaper too coarse. I used 320 then 600 after but same thing? anyone getting this, or maybe i dont know how to use it yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.