Plastic Trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos

Private Member
Is this the trowel talked about here.

http://www.plasterersforum.com/gene...ers-1-stop-shop.html?highlight=plastic+trowel

rubber-float.jpg

I am working in Cheltenham on Wednesday. Hoping to get chance to pop in and pick one up.........:RpS_thumbup:

Mabye Ryan will give you some freebies:RpS_wink:
gloves,overalls,etc.I believe he's quite generous that wa:RpS_thumbsup:y

I dont like the handle at all. re the use of this trowel, is it for flattening in or troweling close to the end of the set?

Begging and pleading just seems desparate carlos.... LOL:RpS_laugh:

Do you have an account and trade with them?

Freebies are given out for several reasons.....

honest feedback on new products (to get others to want them and hopefully buy them from the supplier)

to get repeat busness from someone

I am sure that you look after certain customers when you want something else from them...... suppliers are no different!

You are a regular poster on the Forum and seem honest enough..... just don't come across as so desparate! LOL

Good Luck in 2013 by the way!

I use it for cross troweling at the end and it puts a lovely shine on the plaster. Wouldn't think you could use it for flattening as far too flexible.

My mate was mixing up 2 bags putting them on 1st 2nd coat wash out, trowel, fag, trowel, then cross troweling with the plastic while it was still a bit wet, fag polish when it's matt, the finish was mint and he was doing 4 sets in 8 hours you can't do it with a normal trowel it tears too much on the third trowel

why not just cross trowel with your steel, rather than buying a plazzy just to dry trowel at the end??..........av got a s*p*r*lex but rarely use it and i never cross trowel.........just a question before all you plazzy bitch's start trying to ream me.....................:flapper:

Last edited:
put the extra mate and buy a refina they are the dogs i only use my steel to put on and lay down now plastic for 1st trowel, second and cross comes out a dream

no spunky mate ive got to the stage after trial and error with it where i can hit it just right if it does go a bit iffy i just wet the blade edge dont get more fat off it than a tennis balls worth , when its dried out its perfect no misses blemishes looks great

you just have to watch it round your beads otherwise it fecks the blade up if your too rough with it ive been knocking about 30 mins off a gaugin with it just started off using it in cupboards n small areas once i got the nack went onto use it everyday as normal but some blokes are only giving it 2 trowels you need to do it as you would with a steel 2 and a cross to get best results

I've used mine for flattening a first coat on S&C and board when it was taking in too much, makes the second coat a lot nicer to apply. But generally I use it to polish straight after second trowel.

yep my refinas macca used it for about a week or so got fed up with it.....................that is all

I've used mine for flattening a first coat on S&C and board when it was taking in too much, makes the second coat a lot nicer to apply. But generally I use it to polish straight after second trowel.

Rhys , does the blade not get scratched to feck on s&c??

Yea my 28 inch plaziflex snapped aswell gutted , first the foam sepperated from the blade on both my trowels 16inch and 28 inch, so i re glued them and then the 28inch snapped!!!! gutted cos i really liked the 28inch for ceilings . Got an 80cm eze spat so hopefully the plastic blade will be out soon so can give that a try. Did anyone ever have a barton trowel there website is now shutdown so cant order anymore . I really liked the barton it looked proper s#@t and was flexible as foook but did leave a nice finish.

There is a geezer on ebay selling a very similer looking trowel to the barton (just type in plastic trowel) have you used one these jrpastering????

pretty much not quite as flexible as the barton and the edges need a bit more work on them

Skimming trowel is good for house made stuff,In construction also mostly skimming used in maintain the seemant........

Status
Not open for further replies.