Plastic Trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Has anyone used one i have a plasterer who is working with me going on about it all day that his mate up in notts is pulling away 1500 a week because he is trowelling up with a plastic trowel i was like what the fu@k, what do you guys think????

Just to clarify then Rich, you don't think these plastic trowels will make a slow plasterer fast?

Thank god for that rich, thought it was just me the bloke is a c o c k of the highest kind apparently his mate got stabbed 17 times at the weekend as well, must have been one of them fake knifes where the blades go in to the handle!

hate to butt in here (no pun intended) but i have a plastic trowel a good quqlity one picked up in oz good and ridgid and here goes i have been known quite a lot when wanting to hurry up do a trowel with it and i have to say it works a treat usually saves me going over once and this is honest

rockhardsolidplastering said:
hate to butt in here (no pun intended) but i have a plastic trowel a good quqlity one picked up in oz good and ridgid and here goes i have been known quite a lot when wanting to hurry up do a trowel with it and i have to say it works a treat usually saves me going over once and this is honest
why are they different to a normal trowel mate ?

spunky said:
rockhardsolidplastering said:
why are they different to a normal trowel mate ?
Yes they are made of plastic ;D ;D ;D

the plastic trowel the bloke is on about is not the same as ones used for epoxys and acrylics they are round at both ends and thinner a lot of spreads in nw use them for final trowel i had one but kept burring but they work you can get away with two trowels bloke used to sell them on ebay no water is needed with one

ive had the round ended one for about 3 years but dont use it anymore its forever leaving tiny scratches in the finish when dry i cant be a r sed with it anymore not long ago a bloke on ebay was selling the square ended ones about 15 pound but its up to you

the one i got is for acyrilycs and yes it can scratch so they do need love but the thing with them is if timed right use onsecond trowel and it will leave nice with a decent shine which always kids the payer

anyway why would anyone on here entertain a plastic trowel for finishing skimming... as its been said they wear out and leave marks the older they get... whereas marshall town trowells only get better and better with age... right tools right job... leave the plastic trowels for acryilics... or am i just a fossil stuck in my ways???

So how do you apply the acrylic I've not done it before do you just throw it on then go over with plastic trowel !!!!

pwi said:
So how do you apply the acrylic I've not done it before do you just throw it on then go over with plastic trowel !!!!

its very very thin 1/2 mm to 1.5mm grit size you scrape it on as tight as you can get it (depending on the grit size) then you scrape off as much as you can using a stainless steel trowel... then you rub it up in a circular motion to get the finish uniform... this will bring even more off onto your plastic trowel leaving a very tight uniform finish

Ive seen these kids with plastic trowels,ive seen then with squeegee's and alsorts but nothing compares to steel.You can apparently skip a trowel (not with multi though !!! ).
I dont see the point to be honest.
I have 2 trowels that i only use for polishing an 11 inch and a 13 inch steel blades that are so sharp my missus could shave her muff with them.
Youd be better of in my oppinion for whats its worth buyinh one of tho's ass spanking whips Warrior suggests and shaving ur missus with ur polishing trowel!!

madmonk said:
is it a bit like the alpine finish steve

yes very similar alpine finish has 1.5mm grit in it in europe they lay it on tight and drag it down mostly and it gives a texture like anaglypta paper... but yes your on the right track

Status
Not open for further replies.