plastic dust sheets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen some lads using these, look much neater and more professional than cloth i use.
Any idea where you get the stuff from, does it come in rolls or what? cheap enough?
info appreciated cheers

I use polythene sheets from wickes nice and strong £12 for 10. 3mx3m, very neat and tidy end of the day roll up and straight in the bin.

we use the heavy duty canvas dust sheets.
the cotton dust sheets are useless they do not stop dust.

I use polythene sheets from wickes nice and strong £12 for 10. 3mx3m, very neat and tidy end of the day roll up and straight in the bin.
I've used them also for the past 5 year. Takes a while taping everything up and maybe a bit more expensive in the long run but as you say at the end of the day you just roll up into itself and in the bin! Also handy incase you get the odd spillage, stops the carpet getting stained!

do you find that they hold the dust though?

yes they are good. £110 for 10 on ebay. when they get dirty we use them for rendering.
if it is insurance work you can either have all carpets removed, stored and relaid by a flooring contractor. or cover the carpet with poly, then cover the floor with hardboard with all joints and edges covered with heavy duty tape. we quote for all protection of work.
protection of work is never done on site work now, we use to tape two lengths of 3 inch by 1 inch timber to protect full length external angles.

Plastic and water don't bond well. It's ok,for covering stuff ,cloths better for trafficking in and out

Plastic and water don't bond well. It's ok,for covering stuff ,cloths better for trafficking in and out

I've used wickes polythene and wilkinsons before they changed to some cheap brand for about 7years now and never let me down, prior to that it was tarps but that is just to messy, I like to lay down new sheets then once finished no need for hoovering or ought like that

What sort of thickness are these polythene sheets you're talking about? Ive used some that are very thin, like shopping bags. Are these the type?

The best dust sheets are the plastic backed Harris ones ... Costco sell em - was 3 for £20 ... last ages

Like @gps said ive found myself using more of the wickes throw away plastic ones .... just duct tape them down and bin em at the end of the day ... good for worktops, units and any other furniture the customer leaves in the way lol

Check out r and j building supplies, online company do polythene sheet on the roll, also do deals on pva, scrim, beads and all general consumables. If you use roll and stroll on hard floors it's a Bugger to get off! Don't use it On a floor with underfloor heating or it can leave a residue

Check out r and j building supplies, online company do polythene sheet on the roll, also do deals on pva, scrim, beads and all general consumables. If you use roll and stroll on hard floors it's a Bugger to get off! Don't use it On a floor with underfloor heating or it can leave a residue
Polythene on the roll is proper s**t you only have to look at it and it rips most of them don't even stop dust getting through them

the blue tarps from travis not cheap but tough enough than them from b&q
put a nice clean dust sheet down the tarp on top tape around edges if i can be bothered
and away you go,ansome.

Status
Not open for further replies.