Plastering

Members online

No members online now.

Khanbfd

Can I get some advice from some plasterers I will be doing the job myself and I can plaster to a reasonably good standard (I'm not a qualified plasterer self taught for about 20years) I want to plaster a house of mine it is all hacked off down to stone I've had condensation in the plaster before where it would push out the plaster so this time I want to try something different than gypsum bonding or dot & dab I thought about rendering the inside with sand and Portland cement but I keep reading on forums that this is a big no no, they call it the kiss of death so this brings me Lime Render. I keep reading its the best thing even before sliced bread so I am thinking considering this option but the key question of my equiry is. If I lime render the internal walls. Can I then skim over that with gypsum multi finish plaster? As the house I am renovating is going to be modern looking and I will be wanting a smooth finish. Also the reason I want to try this method is, It is cheaper than using gypsum bonding. Also I forgot to mention the property was built in 1855. Please any experienced plasterers that can help answer this question for me will be greatly appreciated because so far I'm only getting confusing answers. Also Will this be a strong job? Like (bonding and multi finish plaster) because if it doesn't set like bonding its just pointless attempting this. Your advice will be greatly appreciated thank you