(Plastering Tool) or not......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: trowhawk or not......

Trowhawk or not trowhawk? That is the question! Didn't Shakespeare write something like that?

whats the deal with this towhawk? Dig into a bucket to get yer stuff etc Bugger that. Stick it on the hawk and save the going back and forward every 5 seconds. On saying that I have no idea about this product therefore it's very likely I'm talking out my arse ;D

Dont think it will catch on tbh. It looks a good thing in the video, but then again so did the blade runner!!! Think the hawk is here to stay, you can get so much more muck on a hawk for a start.

RainbowThistlePlastering said:
whats the deal with this towhawk? Dig into a bucket to get yer stuff etc Bugger that. Stick it on the hawk and save the going back and forward every 5 seconds. On saying that I have no idea about this product therefore it's very likely I'm talking out my arse ;D

Nope. Appears my arse wasn't talking after all. To much effort for me. big meaty hawk loaded with good stuff, can't beat it imo

Not sure if the link works,try youtube (plastering light plaster with master plaster machine).as for the trowhawk i think its ok for certain jobs...

I hope it sells for the guy but most of us would set our spot in easy reach anyway, if I'm on my own then i would knock up 2 buckets of gear, 3 bags and bang it on off the spot, if i cant the job is to small for a spot then i dig it out the bucket with a bucket trowel onto my hawk and chuck it on. It seems like he has invented a tool for a problem which isn't there.

Also , just to be picky, you should have solid dabs top and bottom and down joint. sorry ;D

simplybesty said:
I hope it sells for the guy but most of us would set our spot in easy reach anyway, if I'm on my own then i would knock up 2 buckets of gear, 3 bags and bang it on off the spot, if i cant the job is to small for a spot then i dig it out the bucket with a bucket trowel onto my hawk and chuck it on. It seems like he has invented a tool for a problem which isn't there.
Each to there own but the trowhawks not just for plastering it has many other uses like tiling grouting pointing anything what comes out of a bucket or gorrilla tub the trowel will remove the lot nothing left .ever tried plastering under a stairwell with a square hawk in one hand 13 inch float in the other and the bucket between your legs not a lot of room is ther as for dabbing well thats down to the liners how can you comment on something you have never used ive been plastering for a lot of years now and i have the certs to prove it but still lets wait and see the concept is part trowel part hawk hence trowhawk ps why do plasterers critisize other plasterers work. me myself give credit to good plasterers for jobs well done .JOB DONE LETS MOVE ON.

how can you comment on something you have never used

Quite easily. I've never played my guitar with 13 gauge strings. Why? cause they're more work. Same with this trowhawk. Might be useful for some things, just like thicker strings, but for skimming walls or ceilings I'll take a hawk anyday of the week.

jimfish said:
simplybesty said:
Each to there own but the trowhawks not just for plastering it has many other uses like tiling grouting pointing anything what comes out of a bucket or gorrilla tub the trowel will remove the lot nothing left .ever tried plastering under a stairwell with a square hawk in one hand 13 inch float in the other and the bucket between your legs not a lot of room is ther as for dabbing well thats down to the liners how can you comment on something you have never used ive been plastering for a lot of years now and i have the certs to prove it but still lets wait and see the concept is part trowel part hawk hence trowhawk ps why do plasterers critisize other plasterers work. me myself give credit to good plasterers for jobs well done .JOB DONE LETS MOVE ON.

criticism is good jim it means you are on the road to success mate ;)

its a trowel end of but i think your blinded by the product. but all to there own but the dabing mate is not to spec and if you do it that way onsite your work will be condemed, take it how you want but thats how it it.

its for skimmers who havnt quite got the hang of getting
the gear off the hawk and onto the trowel

simplybesty said:
its a trowel end of but i think your blinded by the product. but all to there own but the dabing mate is not to spec and if you do it that way onsite your work will be condemed, take it how you want but thats how it it.
listen Besty that is a demonstration of one of its uses and your right bottom dabs for skirting side dabs for strength along the joint and top dabs for plasterboard joins thats not the point here i am not blinded by the product at all just trying to bring some thing new and useful to various trades each to there own as you say remember this that trowel has had a lot more positive than negative responses about it a lot more your comments are welcomed but if you have never tried something then how can comment on it. ( trowhawk)( job done lets move on)

Has anyone on here tried one??? Lets have a reveiw from someone who has! How much is it anyway??

Just looked at the link on you tube. I'm always open to new ideas and methods that would make a hard job much easier. So after watching the video with an open mind i just had to know............... who the fu*k would want this piece of crap! ;D ;D ;D ;D The only good thing was the f**kin sound track :D :D

Jimfish I have a serious question.

How did you arrive at the price for it?

I'm not saying its cheap or expensive, I just want to know if you used a formular or some sort, or did you look at similar products and pitch it in that price band, or pluck a figure out of the air?

nelly said:

I'm not saying its cheap or expensive, I just want to know if you used a formular or some sort, or did you look at similar products and pitch it in that price band, or pluck a figure out of the air?

I think he thinks your getting two products ie handboard and trowel so he is charging so much.

simplybesty said:
sorry mate but i don't use a gorilla tub I use a mixing bucket and i use a spot and stand. nothing worse than seeing a so called spread digging gear out of a gorilla tube. I just hope you ain't got a garage full because i cant see them selling, its a harling trowel

http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=RAG118HT

you aint invented anything new mate , sory

You just dont get it do you simple this product is unique it is curved at the top ;)

better get one then , but i got a couple of harling trowels so i think i will use them if i ever decide not to use a hawk

Ill be honest I own every plastering tool known to man .and in the words of duncan banantine (dragons den ) I don't like the product I can't see it selling so in not going to invest I'm out .unless you want to send me one for free lol

simplybesty said:
sorry mate but i don't use a gorilla tub I use a mixing bucket and i use a spot and stand. nothing worse than seeing a so called spread digging gear out of a gorilla tube. I just hope you ain't got a garage full because i cant see them selling, its a harling trowel

http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=RAG118HT

you aint invented anything new mate , sory
sorry besty thanx for your comments but if it was left up to people like you we would still be washin in a twin tub wipin our ass on newspaper cooking on coalfires and as for your comment on a garage full of trowels they all sold out before christmas loads of orders so i must have invented somethin new mate.

PhilPlaster said:
Just looked at the link on you tube. I'm always open to new ideas and methods that would make a hard job much easier. So after watching the video with an open mind i just had to know............... who the fu*k would want this piece of crap! ;D ;D ;D ;D The only good thing was the f**kin sound track :D :D
piece of crap do you no the time and effort whats gone into this who are you to criticize something you havent got a clue about just because you dont like change the younger generation want something different but time will tell you have your own opinions thats what this forums about and as for the f**kin soundtrack good choice dont you think (trowhawk)( JOBS DONE LETS MOVE ON)

RainbowThistlePlastering said:
how can you comment on something you have never used

Quite easily. I've never played my guitar with 13 gauge strings. Why? cause they're more work. Same with this trowhawk. Might be useful for some things, just like thicker strings, but for skimming walls or ceilings I'll take a hawk anyday of the week.
Stick to playing your guitar then give up plastering lol

simplybesty said:
about the only thing it is good for. just looks like a hauling trowel to me
Thats harling trowel besty and its nothing at all like that lol

nelly said:

i dont set the price thats down to the distribution network thats how far its gone these trowels are not knocked together in some back shed there made by a british manufacturing company to a good quality finish british steel rubberised handle and parts all sourced locally to me not some cheap foreign import (trowhawk)

rockhardsolidplastering said:
been plastering for years and still calls a trowel a float one of my pet hates that a deffo no no no
what do you call a shovel then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.