plastering to dry undercoat.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

th3judderman

Hi,

So basically I was doing a big ceiling in my house when my mate (labourer) got called to his real job. Got the first coat on and troweled up but it's obviously not to a finish because it was due a second coat. Any tips on going back over it would be appreciated, it's a day old now so not dry or wet :-/

Never been in this situation before, do I treat it like starting from scratch and re-pva then two coat it.

Andy

Yeh pva then go again:RpS_thumbup:.... What's your labourers "real job"??? Fireman:RpS_unsure:

Why on earth did you just stop when he left? You'd got one coat on and you'd have laid in with about half the the amount the first coat took so mixing your own gear can't have taken that long, can it?

i think they are both firemen,probably the reason they left it was some inconsiderate person started a fire somewhere,and inconvienenced them, , some good upstanding citizen who like the majority of us on planet earth just has one job and the income from that one job, then seen this fire and thinking he was doing the right thing phoned the fire service up , but what he should have done is ring round the plasterers/plumbers/joiners/labourers where he lives and eventually he would have had enough firemen,

definately a fireman just gone through this again this is basic stuff any decent plasterer would not even ask this question

jesus....realy???

there realy is no wonders theres not enough work around is there?

so this ceiling was being completed by a plasterer who doesnt know either how to use a mixer or capable of spreading and mixing himself and or even what to do if its set the following day. Along with a labourer that doesnt charge for his services.

No wonder theres lads who have been spreading for years that cant compete.

Its threads lke this that make me want to put my own head in the cooker!!!!

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:RpS_angry:

zombie

thats as r******d saying well i was putting on this lid, but it was 10 am and i wanted a sandwich, so i stopped for half hour and now its gone hard. so i gotta pva and re skim it. someone would have to die to make me leave a wall halfway through. the thought of doing the same thinng twice for free makes me want to vomit

I think it was his mate the fireman doing the plastering before he had to nip off and judd doing the mixing.

How big was this ceiling?

A fella that worked with us once told us he was working for a man a few years before hand. They put on a lift of skim but as the skim was very slow they decided to drive up to the new windmills they could see a few miles away to get a better look at them.:RpS_confused: They got lost on the way back and the skim was past rubbing and had to scrape it off:RpS_scared: You couldn't make it up!

I had a hit on once,couple a guys came around and asked would I have a word with some squatter to get him to move on, went knocked on his door, he opened, we pushed in, he pulled a pistol on me, so we talked, he said he would clear in 2 weeks, we left, bloody plaster was gone off when I got back, aged 21 , welcome to London ,John....

thats as r******d saying well i was putting on this lid, but it was 10 am and i wanted a sandwich, so i stopped for half hour and now its gone hard. so i gotta pva and re skim it. someone would have to die to make me leave a wall halfway through. the thought of doing the same thinng twice for free makes me want to vomit

WOW maaaan your sooooo American xxxxx

Years ago I told a lab I had working with me to start a mix of finish. He mixed it fine, but after about 10 mins it was picking up real quick.

Turns out he used the water from the bucket we used to clean the drill in. It was 3-4 days old and real thick dirty shite. Never got it finished

had to scrape it back start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.