plastering to door linings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJH

Could someone settle a couple of questions please which has arisen on another forum?
for an internal stud wall with plasterboard facings;
a) should the door linings protrude past the plasterboard so that the plaster skim will finish level with the edge of the linings?
b) Re plasterboard without a plaster skim finish; does this really give an acceptable finish for an internal wall when decorated or do you tend to see where the joins have been filled or cracks where boards join.

if you don't plaster up to projecting linings the how does the architrave fit on to the door linings?

the linings are always in before we dot and dab. make sure you go just behind the lining. thickness of skim. then skim up to it. job done. the only time they arent in is when they are oak frames. send me some karma!

the linnings should always be proud , about 3mm, if there flush with the board the chippy will have to rebate all his architraves

if there too proud i go inside them and the chippy can go suck his mates cock cause there all G** anyway

If joiners leave them plastic packers hanging out make sure you cover the door frame in skim, and leave loads of blobs at the bottom where the skirting will go. They really hate that ;D

nelly said:
If joiners leave them plastic packers hanging out make sure you cover the door frame in skim, and leave loads of blobs at the bottom where the skirting will go. They really hate that ;D
:D :D :D :D

used to put maskin tape down the casing cant be botherd anymore just skim it and fooook em plaster the doors as well if there in, think im going under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i might actually to that mur, saves cleaning them off, just rip the tape off afterwards. every now and then i forget to clean one and dont realise till its completely set!

spunky said:
if there too proud i go inside them and the chippy can go suck his mates cock cause there all G** anyway

I'm with spunky on this. If they cant be bothered to do things properly, fck em!
Our job is hard enough as it is at the moment.
That is nearly as bad as sparks who can't be bothered to chase the walls
properly and leave the capping 5mm proud of existing wall! "The spreads will
sort it" they tell the gaffer as they look in the mirror, run more gel through
their hair and brush a little bit of dust off their designer gear,tarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.