plastering tiles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive stuck mesh onto the tiles with SBR and skimmed in my own house with no problems.

I done a shop with the old butchers tiles that were bedded into sand and cement and were rock solid so we put an sbr slurry on then bond and skim worked a treat and that was about 12 year ago and the shops still the same.

I done a shop with the old butchers tiles that were bedded into sand and cement and were rock solid so we put an sbr slurry on then bond and skim worked a treat and that was about 12 year ago and the shops still the same.

Are they still selling them chops a pound for a £?

You could use wicks bond it same as the knauf stuff and skim. Did this once in a public bogs .

i've done it once but didnt like doing it. doing up a pub in cov and they wanted all of the tiles bonding over before they could re tile it, why i dont know. havent heard any comebacks but i guess its like anything, all depends what tiles and how well they are fixed.

bondit works fine - just make sure you let it dry thoroughly - like proper dry - otherwise it will just peel off with your fingernail or even your trowel. Been there before.

I start a refirb job tomorrow, we are using bond it so ill get a few tiles out the skip and paint a few and leave them a few days and give them a scrape. Will let you know.

All I know is i have been able to peel bond it off gloss paint before and some smooth bathroom paints so I cant see tiles being any different.

I am willing to eat my hat if need be.

i've done it once but didnt like doing it. doing up a pub in cov and they wanted all of the tiles bonding over before they could re tile it, why i dont know. havent heard any comebacks but i guess its like anything, all depends what tiles and how well they are fixed.
Thats mad could have tiled on tile ther are addys for it.

Most tile cements let you tile straight over existing tiles, so thats weird bonding them out first, all thatd do is weaken the bond, and as far as skimming on tiles goes Im sure you can do it with WBA/SBR, but just seems pointless in most cases, would rather take em off, but at the end of the day, as usual customers cant be f**k*d to spend the money and still want a top job.

just fill the tiles out with gyproc bonding not to thick then skimm no nead for bonding agent gyproc bonding will stick to tiles job done :RpS_thumbup: ( same as spunky )

After sending grand proof via a video to his mobile this morning that the bond it doesnt adhere properly to anything shiny .... tiles,bathroom paint etc he has bowed down to the master and is sending me the cheque for £500.

Thank you Gary.

Also bond it is s**t at contolling suction like people claim ...... dont get caught out chaps !"

first off that vid was shizer and your trowel needs throwing away the surface you gyp bonded probably werent clean and dry thats why it didnt adhere it does work because my mates offices were an old tile warehouse and the walls were used to display tiles i gypbonded them and then bond and skim and its still there and your right it dont control suction it was never meant to and lastly you got fat fingers

the vid was excellent, that was my best trowel, all surfaces were clean and dry, bond it is s**t, most people on hear claim/believe bond it controls suction, wheres my cheque?, you got a sexy voice grand.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.