Plastering (the good old days)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't describe peoples memories of the past as the "good old days". It would more accurately be described as:

"What a ****ing load of hard graft",
"The average labourer would mix for 2 days then **** off",
"When I got the mix wrong I'd have to ****ing mix it for twice as ****ing long",
"My boss was always shouting ****ing hurry up you ****ing little ****!",
"My wife would be ****ed because I'd to too ****ing tired to give her any",
"My dad stole the ****ing chain from my bike"

Last edited:
i even had wooden fether-edged Boarding as a straight edge, 4x2 for screeding, we mixed skimming in the yellow stadium buckets, with a length of 2x1 and a gauging trowel,before a pogger, bungalow-baths (tin ) for browning & bonding, and a garden rake/ho, tyzak trowels, i'll have to go and have a think !!lol good old days be Fckued

wooden feather edge was great for s/c rendering.....and them bloody baths we had to use with a rake...well you never wanted a jumper on in the winter thats for sure ff the old days are gone!! wonder how many young lads would do that now! and as for the scrim been whacked in the face with that a few times too :RpS_scared:

Used a door casing leg as a straight edge before, still use bath and shovel for mixing browning, still got the old bike cog for mixing skim (small jobs, couple of buckets or when limited for space - or when the lecky goes bang which has happened on a job)

Status
Not open for further replies.