Plastering safety

The worst bit is the little plastic gizmo they put in your eye while they flush it. Feels like it’s gonna grind your eyeball. Got a high pain threshold, but after my workmate picked me up from A and E, just sat in the van and felt shite. Mid summer, boiling hot and bright light. Left van on job and he drove me to one of my mates and got smashed.

flattening in first coat over artex... absolute agony... teh ceiling was 2.5m high so a bit more of a reach than normal so I was unnaturally right under the trowel...

agony...

whats worse is i will be returning to the scene of teh crime tomorrow to see how shite it is... 1st coat on and never got more than 1 meter in before I was trying to flush my eye out...

I will need a sander and some easifil for xmas
How’d did u go on today got any b4 n after pics

Well check up today and i have scratches and all sorts but the new drops they have given are great and I can see again :D

@essexandy absolutely should be leading by example... I use to wear actual glasses when I did this properly... since laser eye surgery I have not done enough to even think about alternative...

The ski mask I hacve for tomorrow is impressive :D

Well check up today and i have scratches and all sorts but the new drops they have given are great and I can see again :D

@essexandy absolutely should be leading by example... I use to wear actual glasses when I did this properly... since laser eye surgery I have not done enough to even think about alternative...

The ski mask I hacve for tomorrow is impressive :D
All downhill from here then. Boom boom!

Its only happened to me once,like Danny was an artex ceiling,1st coat nearly finished it, moved my hop up to the last part just as I took a step on to the hop up looked up and a big blob just went splat in to my eye, temporarily blinded I stumbled for the bathroom where I walked into the door frame ,I literally just stuck my head under the tap and rinsed it for 10 mins,flattened the ceiling and f**k*d off the only time I've ever 1 coated ha, I never went to the hospital but my old lady kept putting cold tea bags onto my eye an old remedy apparently,might aswell of used sliced f**k**g cucumbers.

I've had s**t in my eye id say atleast 5 times,bloodshot n scratches the lot but did I go to hospital did I f**k..ffs man they have enough on they plate just rinse the c**t under tap

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Most of you lot are getting on a bit . So just buy the lowest ready readers. Or clear ones.tkmax. they are more comfortable. Than safety glasses.

This thread and @Danny s recent unfortunate accident had prompted me to stock on fresh eye wash for the van. How's the eye feeling Dan?
PXL_20201223_145226007.jpg

flattening in first coat over artex... absolute agony... teh ceiling was 2.5m high so a bit more of a reach than normal so I was unnaturally right under the trowel...

agony...

whats worse is i will be returning to the scene of teh crime tomorrow to see how shite it is... 1st coat on and never got more than 1 meter in before I was trying to flush my eye out...

I will need a sander and some easifil for xmas
Sorry to hear that - get the missus to finish the ceiling off, then she will appreciate your work more!

This thread and @Danny s recent unfortunate accident had prompted me to stock on fresh eye wash for the van. How's the eye feeling Dan?
Is it any different really to using tap water? I carry a couple of 5ltr bottles with just tap water. Needed it a few times - Cuts or anything I just chug it out, sheer volume washes s**t out quickly. Not pleasant for eyes but I'd do it if I had to.

Is it any different really to using tap water? I carry a couple of 5ltr bottles with just tap water. Needed it a few times - Cuts or anything I just chug it out, sheer volume washes s**t out quickly. Not pleasant for eyes but I'd do it if I had to.
no idea

View attachment 74148 Had no specs on .
Was on a reveal head, fuxin got a drop in the left eye
Washed out ,luckily just had the red eye -

next day all was fine ...

Last time for me was beginning of last year. Rushing on a Friday afternoon to get a small bathroom plastered ready for Monday. Got the ceiling and walls on and got it in my eye end of first coat. Spent half hour washing eye out and second coated with poor vision and fooked off. Expecting a real mess when I got back on Monday, but apart from a a few blemishes here and there it was actually pretty good :numberone:

Last time for me was beginning of last year. Rushing on a Friday afternoon to get a small bathroom plastered ready for Monday. Got the ceiling and walls on and got it in my eye end of first coat. Spent half hour washing eye out and second coated with poor vision and fooked off. Expecting a real mess when I got back on Monday, but apart from a a few blemishes here and there it was actually pretty good :numberone:
A likely story.