Plastering quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie g

Hi all, I've recently started back plastering as I gave it up when the recession hit us due to cuts in prices, I've just priced a job up which is 450 sqm of walls and 228 sqm ceilings, cost without materials£5450 labour(£8sqm), I think this is pretty good price myself,anyway I received a message saying they think I've over priced the job because I've included all window walls,if I remember rightly you measure all window walls to compensate for reveals and beading, any views on this would be grateful thanks

I take the doors & windows out, but if theres a bead and or if you have to return into the window I add that + the cost of covering the window. That way I'm not picking up too much material. I usually have a pretty detailed bid where I break down every step it takes to do the job. There's rarely any question about how I came up with the price. The last contractor I bid a job for that couldn't deal with my price lost his ass on the whole project I heard. I had originally mostly had my pricing put together and then I headed out to the site and verified some of the actual dimensions (which didn't match up with the scaling on the plans) and then they handed me a stack of specifications that he should have given me in the first place. The architect had all kinds of crazy s**t in them. Zinc galvanized beads, $500.00 a roll rain matting under the lath, unreasonible temperature & wind restrictions for when your stucco could be applied. On and on… I went back and added pricing for each little thing the architect called out for. The contractor told me I was way too over priced. Not my fault his numbers originally didn't include all the added spec's. I haven't worked for them since, but like I said they really lost their ass on the project. They were always one of those outfits that stretched it out as far as they could on getting you a check anyway.

If they think its over priced?? Sod them and move on to the next one?? I measure thro tho as you say to compensate for reveals and beading. Must be a nice area to get £8 a metre skimming ??

If they think its over priced?? Sod them and move on to the next one?? I measure thro tho as you say to compensate for reveals and beading. Must be a nice area to get £8 a metre skimming ??
Ok marshy do u price by day work? I haven't done much in sqm I go to a job and i know ther then how many days iv got ther

Ok marshy do u price by day work? I haven't done much in sqm I go to a job and i know ther then how many days iv got ther
I tend to give a fixed price mate giving a day ratd is a minefield unless you state your terms with whoever is paying the bill?? On bigger jobs after measuring up i play about with some metre rates to see how it sounds and estimate how long it will take then add abit on top to cover myself incase of any hiccups. But i always point out its a worse case scenario price (only on big jobs) and may be able to discount at the end rather than add on extra £ ?? Its worked for me up to now but everybody has their own method etc ?

I tend to give a fixed price mate giving a day ratd is a minefield unless you state your terms with whoever is paying the bill?? On bigger jobs after measuring up i play about with some metre rates to see how it sounds and estimate how long it will take then add abit on top to cover myself incase of any hiccups. But i always point out its a worse case scenario price (only on big jobs) and may be able to discount at the end rather than add on extra £ ?? Its worked for me up to now but everybody has their own method etc ?
Thanks m8 I mite give it a go for a change to c how it goes .What the going rate for sqm ? I'm in north i think 8pound like Stevie z is to much here or il b out of work

Not wanting to start trouble as rates vary across the country and often leads to argueing on here. But around £5-£6 labour only is around the norm on domestic work obviously site rates are much less

Not wanting to start trouble as rates vary across the country and often leads to argueing on here. But around £5-£6 labour only is around the norm on domestic work obviously site rates are much less
Ok m8 thanks shall end the thread Ther lol

Hi
Hi marshy that's my opinion if they don't like the price,people want things for nothing nowadays,our job isn't the easiest,any how £8 is for tacking, dabbing, and skimming which I think is very under priced still, but I was doing a favour as it was for my old boss who I worked for scaffolding,( plenty of money doesn't like to pay f** him)

99% will measure straight through windows, 1% will takes them out but then measure reveals & beading at an increased rate.

However, at £8m2, if it's just skimming, I don't think it matters!
Hi bigk £8m2 is for tacking,dabbing and skimming ( robbing myself)

I take the doors & windows out, but if theres a bead and or if you have to return into the window I add that + the cost of covering the window. That way I'm not picking up too much material. I usually have a pretty detailed bid where I break down every step it takes to do the job. There's rarely any question about how I came up with the price. The last contractor I bid a job for that couldn't deal with my price lost his ass on the whole project I heard. I had originally mostly had my pricing put together and then I headed out to the site and verified some of the actual dimensions (which didn't match up with the scaling on the plans) and then they handed me a stack of specifications that he should have given me in the first place. The architect had all kinds of crazy s**t in them. Zinc galvanized beads, $500.00 a roll rain matting under the lath, unreasonible temperature & wind restrictions for when your stucco could be applied. On and on… I went back and added pricing for each little thing the architect called out for. The contractor told me I was way too over priced. Not my fault his numbers originally didn't include all the added spec's. I haven't worked for them since, but like I said they really lost their ass on the project. They were always one of those outfits that stretched it out as far as they could on getting you a check anyway.
the measurements I first received was 187m2 ceiling and 250m2 walls (only 250m2 out) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.