Plastering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essex

HI
i plastered a room today on one wall where there was wallpaper that i stripped off then pva twice it went like cellulite is this just residue off the wallpaper paste?

Thanks

how soon do you put the second coat of pink on? sometimes doubling up to soon on reskims can cause problems

it must have been wallpaper paste residue. he did skim it, jessop .... i think :RpS_unsure:

well i dont know what the fook is going on? had a few beers and wondering why anyone cares what a pva'ed wall looks like?Did finish ok?

I pva the wall then skimmed it and it went like cellulite was odd first time I've seen it customer had stripped the wall paper I pvad and skimmed as usual just this one part went like it...soo do I now just reskim that wall? I guess from now on if its had wallpaper on I should sugar soap it? Thanks

I pva the wall then skimmed it and it went like cellulite was odd first time I've seen it customer had stripped the wall paper I pvad and skimmed as usual just this one part went like it...soo do I now just reskim that wall? I guess from now on if its had wallpaper on I should sugar soap it? Thanks
It's an experience that will teach you.

Did it finnish ok, normally if it paste it will emulsify with ya 1st coat of PVA, youe sure you just didnt get on it 2 quick.

I may of done it was the external wall it's cold gear wasn't going off to quick maybe I was to eager or there was residue maybe I not sure I've only been skimming about 8 months and was abit unsure what caused it

I see thanks people do you get a better finish with WBA? Bond it etc? I see the price of it is a lot more but defiantly worth a try if it does (sorry probably a dumb question)

Yea I don't do bad with pva but just wondering if was worth the money I'm always up for tips ie I always wonder how many trowels you do to make it go like glass I tend to do about 4 trowels in total all silly questions but as I'm mainly on council work you can imagine other plasterers don't really delve into it to much and just bang it on sorry silly questions but worth an ask :)

I see thanks people do you get a better finish with WBA? Bond it etc? I see the price of it is a lot more but defiantly worth a try if it does (sorry probably a dumb question)

It won't make your finish any better just stop you running into problems. Once you have more experience you will be able to finish the plaster to the same standard no matter what problems you run into, it's all down to experience.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yea I don't do bad with pva but just wondering if was worth the money I'm always up for tips ie I always wonder how many trowels you do to make it go like glass I tend to do about 4 trowels in total all silly questions but as I'm mainly on council work you can imagine other plasterers don't really delve into it to much and just bang it on sorry silly questions but worth an ask :)
are you going to the knaufe day?

Yea i understand mate :) I managed to rescue it but with great difficulty and some scraping...I hope to get to tag along with some plasterers on weekends but as of yet not had many offers so I just skim at work as normal my finish isn't bad I don't think but things like this deffo worry the hell out of me as I didn't no what was going on with it lol

Knaufe day let me read the thread :) I may do if I can make it not been to anything like that before could be interesting didn't no if it was open to anyone?

Yea i understand mate :) I managed to rescue it but with great difficulty and some scraping...I hope to get to tag along with some plasterers on weekends but as of yet not had many offers so I just skim at work as normal my finish isn't bad I don't think but things like this deffo worry the hell out of me as I didn't no what was going on with it lol
at least your keen mate and willing to learn and work, we all learn from our mistakes,, next time blame it on the way the custom er stripped the wallpaper,, lol

Essex, believe it or not,PVA is more of a science then you give it credit for.If it isnt tacky all over, do`nt skim it till it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.