Plastering over wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1988

Hi there just wondering about this and after lots of research no real clear cut answer.

I have been plastering for nearly a year working for myself. I done an intensive course after leaving the navy and have pretty much been picking up tips online and learning from each job I do. A year on and I am getting a reasonable amount of work. One thing that comes up on most jobs is old wooden beams or exposed wood that joiners have left etc.

Its a nightmare because I know that plaster and wood don't go together. I usually Just bond it out

Any tips?

thanks

Hi there just wondering about this and after lots of research no real clear cut answer.

I have been plastering for nearly a year working for myself. I done an intensive course after leaving the navy and have pretty much been picking up tips online and learning from each job I do. A year on and I am getting a reasonable amount of work. One thing that comes up on most jobs is old wooden beams or exposed wood that joiners have left etc.

Its a nightmare because I know that plaster and wood don't go together. I usually Just bond it out

Any tips?

thanks

You obviously didn't do a very good job looking for that golden rivet while aboard ship otherwise you would not need to be Plastering :RpS_unsure:

I'll just get me coat

lol true and thanks. will be buying some metal lath 2moro for job I am on.

Btw do u guys cry a lot at work as well? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.