plastering over tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

I know this isnt the done thing but has anyone skimmed over bathroom tiles. Someone wants me to do this on a property they are going to rent out.I have never done this and know it is wrong but this bloke works for a company that gives me work so i want to keep in with him.I told him they need to come off but he isnt having none of it.Anyway has anyone done it and if so how do you prep,would you wba day before and skim or tight coat of bonding.I know its bodging but i got to do it.

hi terry,

ive never done it but i believe the best way would be to wba day before as you say then perhaps a tight coat of bonding then skim or perhaps 3 coats of skim.

Wouldnt bother me doing it one bit though fella if youve been asked to do it and got there blessing crack on!

Ill skim over the lot these days kids,pets the lot f**k em!

As i say there on a budget so f**K em im on a budget too!:RpS_thumbup:

Yer use wicks bonding agents this will give the key for skimming. It's only as good as the tiles stuck on.

As has been said ive done it on my own house mesh stuck to tiles with SBR then one coat, been up 6 years no probs

Two coats of skim after bonding agent will do the trick.I've done it before worked a treat

wickes bonding agent its a cheeper version of blue grit its good stuff i prefer it to thistle blue grit and i prefer paying the price

Just make sure the tiles are bone-dry before putting on your bonding agent of choice, or it can slide about a bit i reckons:RpS_thumbup:

cor this again!

just make sure the wba has cured overnight otherwise it'll scrape off a bit with the pressure of the trowel

days work for the prep? rip out repir skim the next day? madness

Status
Not open for further replies.