plastering over painted walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

i recently re skimed a living room the walls a was skimming were painted i think the paint started to bubble under my plaster on the wall not that much like it wasent all over it just in places . dose any one know why this has happend when i was [packing up to leave i could notice a ew little lumps under the plaster where the pain had bubbled how can i stop this?

tiny ones buddy. i its a type of paint how do u get a round it? not that many of them just a few but its not happend to me before and i dont wana put skim over skim over skim to try hide a few tiny feckin bubbles

it's just bubbled mate.........either airs got trapped or it's sweated on the walls, the best thing you can do is go back round and hard trowel the walls or slice them off with youre trowel..i wouldnt panick it happens to us all

ok thanks mate i just joined this today i can see me using it a lot . theres always somthing at the back of my mind im wondering about when im sat at the lights in my van.

sounds like the walls were'nt primed 4 paintin properly so little bubbles do appear when you plaster over it not a major probs can usualy scrape bubbles and fill in as you are goin or wait till dry and rub down and fill with fine surface filler not ideal but can get you out of the poo ;D ;D

It happens to us all, sometimes the paint softens and lifts off, I normally check for this this on mi 2nd coat of pva, If its lifting I normally swear a lot and get mi scraper out.

It can still lift after and you notice this when flattening, little spots I leave, bigger ones I flick out with trowel and fill out again if possible. :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.