Plastering over internal painted bricks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofty1

Ay up lads I've just been look at a job and the customer wants a couple of walls plastering problem is that the walls are brick and painted it looks like it's just emulsion over the brick work could I just use that thistle bonding pva stuff with grit in then float out with a thistle bonding then multi finish.there is no cavity in the brickwork it's just single layer of brick will that make a difference

Dab it, stick boards on with silicone, I take it brick work is good cus it been left painted.

It's an old council house solid brick an there r no signs of damp and the paint looks like its in good condition and has a good key to the brick work

I take its only a small area like out house or porch? Dab it stick board on with silicone.

Batten and board it out. Insulation between battens.

Your bonding method is sound thought.

It's a very small toilet that looks like it used to be an out house an another room that has boiler in and that's the only wall in that room that needs doin all the others Are plastered

Batten and board, with a vapour barrier.
The dabs are likely to show on a single skinned wall (if they don't fall off first) :RpS_thumbup:

Could do but a lot of pipes in 1 room hard to describe lots of obstacles an boiler is right against window should of taken picture really think it will be easier to bond but don't want to plaster it then it fall off fan look a **** lol

I agree that dot and dab would be one way .Just use a scutch hammer to make a key where you put your dabs. You could also use any pre grit like thistle bond it etc to get a key. use either bonding or hardwall and skim over. You could if you really wanted float and set these walls.For your key I would mix an sbr and cement slurry to paint on the bricks. wait till tacky then apply your s&c .Hope this is of help

Depends how long you got to job, if you got be out in a day, then you need do a one day method ...

Lol I was in uttoxter this morning, opposite leisure centre that their knocking about, I'm from northwood, you been in the game long?

Lol,small world I don't live far from there I'm just by racecourse bin boarding an skimming now for 5 years so still fairly new to t game

You any good? Cus I turn loads of work away, could be decent stuff for yourself? Would be more private work tho.

I'd like to think so never had any complaints an always leave everywhere clean an tidy .that be sound m8 a lot of my work at moment is on site boarding an taping just do the private stuff when there's a break between houses

Someones asked me about their cellar they want rendered with a bit of waterproofer and has painted bricks. any ideas on the best thing to use to wash the bricks/paint down? it's kind of gloss paint so ideally want to use something to take the shine off the paint. ?? cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.