plastering over combed artex ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate,if the combed pattern is deep i will sometimes fill the combs with a tight coat of bonding,then skim with multi

Tight coat of bonding if the pattern is deep.....Then multi on the top. Best job is to overboard and skim but that's not always possible or wanted. If the pattern is shallow and light two coat multi as normal.

Just finished that exact same job ,scrape off the high spots ,blue grit, 3 coats of multi and it looked and felt like a mirror on the ceiling:RpS_thumbup:

did one the other week , told the people best to board and skim , they wouldnt have it so i told them if i seal it up and skim it i wouldnt and couldnt guarantee it , so they gave the ok , i seal up the hallway and sitting room , told them to not to have heating on etc , skim both ceilings, get a phone call next day , plaster fallen of ceiling in sitting room , go around there , told them it happens , first for me , and i notice how hot itwas in the room , they had lit a fire after id left , ffs , so i said id board it up and skim it , they wanted me t pay for the boards etc , told them to go f t s , theaten with legal action the lot , told me they would ruin my reputation, i told them id done that already so feck em , havent heard no more , has my old dad use to say 'the only trade where the customer comes first is the whore trade !:rolleyes)

Any ideas on best way to do this.....re board or thistle Bond and skim. Any suggestions please..

just done 4 like this, 2 coats wickes pva the day before, then a coat of bonding,and skimmed, always do them this way stops pattern of artex coming through never any problems, p for perfect as my old teacher used to say

Status
Not open for further replies.