plastering of ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.

les101073

hi all will be doing a ceiling next week its 15 square metres now this is the biggest ceiling I have attempted so just looking for some advice on how to get the best results its in a bedroom painted ceiling thanks in advance :RpS_unsure:

hi all will be doing a ceiling next week its 15 square metres now this is the biggest ceiling I have attempted so just looking for some advice on how to get the best results its in a bedroom painted ceiling thanks in advance :RpS_unsure:

You'll be fine mate, make sure its properly prepped turn the heating off, the radio on and try and keep your coats even and flat, if necessary scratch half on give it a quick flatten then scratch the rest on. Tight coat to lay in, its just like you learnt in college you just need to move a bit quicker.
Good luck and post some pictures. :)

As scottie says mate , make sure you have plenty water etc to hand etc , if you have 2 hop ups go get a baten and that makes life a hell of a lot easier .... You can cover more area than up and down ladders or shifting a hop up around . Just make sure u have everything there ready to go really .... Means u can jus spend your time on the ceiling its self :)

sounds good advice thanks fellas like a said its the biggest one I have tackeld to date and the last one didn't go well so thought I would ask first, belt sander will not be required arti I hope

Overboard it, then skim :RpS_thumbup:

Put a couple of ceilings on yesterday on my stilts problem was still abit pissed from night before not to self don't try it again (nearly killed myself)

I can tell your a student, not been mean at all but you have messed about trowelling up way too much, not to worry everyone do's this when learning , trick is to try get it uniformed flat and drying same colour and that trick takes time to learn, all in all it should paint up ok if not mist coat it, sandpaper and filler will put it ok

casplas thanks for the tip how many times do you trowel off on a ceiling the way I did this one was two coated it closed in then did three trowels this is where I fell college lets us down we only have to plaster a 2 board ceiling for the qual and I have never seen a ceiling that small in the real world lol

first coat flat second coat even flatter ,then ten minutes dry trowel then ten minutes dry trowel (if its gone too far wet your trowel) ten minutes and cross it opposite way , to be honest its practise and its something you need to practise at to perfect it, it wont happen overnight good luck

I can tell your a student, not been mean at all but you have messed about trowelling up way too much, not to worry everyone do's this when learning , trick is to try get it uniformed flat and drying same colour and that trick takes time to learn, all in all it should paint up ok if not mist coat it, sandpaper and filler will put it ok

Nicely Answered buddy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.