plastering Machine, worthy investment??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only reservations is it being 240v. We all know what we're up against when it comes to site agents!

plastering/rendering machines,electric or diesel require a level of skill at the end of the hose.there are single mixers or duo-mixers in electric,some renders need the twin mixing before they enter the delivery hoses.remember you can also do liquid floor screeds,grouting or fire protection spraying with the same machine if you buy the right one.it gives you more options if plastering is quiet.there are quiet a good selection of used machines if you do not want to invest in a new one.

Have you had any problems with the knauf shelling of the wall when the skirting boards are fitted? We used to use in on barrets years ago was nice to use and yes get more on but as soon as any one did anything on the wall it just fell off!!

No shelling off so far..........fingers crossed!

plastering/rendering machines,electric or diesel require a level of skill at the end of the hose.there are single mixers or duo-mixers in electric,some renders need the twin mixing before they enter the delivery hoses.remember you can also do liquid floor screeds,grouting or fire protection spraying with the same machine if you buy the right one.it gives you more options if plastering is quiet.there are quiet a good selection of used machines if you do not want to invest in a new one.

any recomendations for the right machine?

My only reservations is it being 240v. We all know what we're up against when it comes to site agents!

iv never had a problem. i changed my blue 240 plug for a red 3 phase and wired in a single live, and for some reason now they think its double the power and its ok. makes sense doesnt it

iv never had a problem. i changed my blue 240 plug for a red 3 phase and wired in a single live, and for some reason now they think its double the power and its ok. makes sense doesnt it

If someone did have an accident with the power supply to your machine you'd be proper fuucked though wouldn't you even if it was entirely their fault (say a shovel through your cable)? Not just because you were using 240v but because you'd tried to disguise the fact.

If someone did have an accident with the power supply to your machine you'd be proper fuucked though wouldn't you even if it was entirely their fault (say a shovel through your cable)? Not just because you were using 240v but because you'd tried to disguise the fact.
Use an in line RCD.

Use an in line RCD.

Some times its ok and sometimes they have a fit. It is site legal but just a hassel thats not needed when there is a 110v version thats the same. Thats if he is buy a brand new one.

We have found the genny does like to have a drink when powering the ritmo for skimming so the added bonus of site 110v power is always nice.

We have a 32amp lead that has a 16amp end for the ritmo. Most times on site trannys the 32amps sockets are nice a free

Got to say it does sound handy being able to plug into site supply. With no messing around with gennys. Does it ever cause any problems when others are plugged in or the lights start dimming etc? Is there enough juice on tap to turn the motor on startup etc?

warning to all electric machine users.
you must use the correct protection when using electric machines,if you are powering a 3phase machine.start with an RCD unit at the source of power.ie insert an Rcd unit at the wall or into the generator.the machine you are using should also have its own protection,ie trip switches or pop out switches.then check your machine motor is running in the right direction.if not chek if there is a screwdriver slot in the red plug to change it if not open red plug and change the phase around.newer machines will do this automatically for you.do not let forklifts etc run over your 3phase cables as this may damage them.this causes a phase to fail which may overheat your motor.to protect your self take your leads,transformers,RCD units and machine to an indepent company to have tested reguraly its all common sense and easy to comply with the law.

Got to say it does sound handy being able to plug into site supply. With no messing around with gennys. Does it ever cause any problems when others are plugged in or the lights start dimming etc? Is there enough juice on tap to turn the motor on startup etc?

Most site boxes are them big 10kva ones with 4 16amp sockets and 2 32amp sockets. I think the tranny is split up in to 4 parts, well it has 4 trip switches labled 1-4.

the first 2 are the 4 16amp sockets which is what everyone else plugs in to. The other 2 are the 2 larger 32 amp sockets which we find are never in use as no one is running 32 amp stuff.

So we have 2 leads with 32 amp plugs on the end. One goes to the ritmo and the other goes to a splitter that runs the water pump and the compressor.

We have no problems like this.

However when we first tried we just used the supplied leads with smaller 16amp sockets and where eveyone else was also plugged in on them 2 circuits it kept tripping the trips.

So i looked at the box and thought hang on only half of it is being used, hence we made the leads up. Also our genny has 1 16a and one 32amp socket so it makes sense to make a lead up for that.

When skimming we where using £25+ a day on fuel and that was using it sparingly. I reckon £30 plus for fuel a day if that your only power method, plus the ball ache of having a genny on site for indoor work. Ours is in the van incase the site power goes.

On private jobs we have a 5 kva tranny which plugs straight in to a 240v lead.

This all sounds like fair advice and for me I think a 110v is what I'd go for as i don't fancy swapping plugs and would rather it all be legit.
Currier have you been using the bg spray finish since you said you weren't gonna use the board and multi? Someone said it would be good to give it a quick flatten and a mist over. Makes sense to me.

We are just about to start a house at the end of next week then hopefully should be following on to another 6 houses.

When we spray it we will flatten it straight away. It says on the bag within the first 15 mins but our experiance when applying by hand is that it tightens up from it very wet form quicklyish.

With the board finish we were spraying if you let it pick up to much it created bubbles when being flattened due to the spray texture so I would think the same with the spray finish so it a case of flattening ASAP I think.

We will know more next week I hope. I did do a hand applied spray finish job the otherday ( took the ritmo but the boarding was so bad it needed dubbing out). I can safely say I would never chose to use multi or board over the spray finish from now on. It just better now we are used to it.

Last edited:
Might see if we can order a few bags to try, the board finish we've been using recently has been awful. Let us know how you get on with it, see if you can get a few more videos up :)

Most site boxes are them big 10kva ones with 4 16amp sockets and 2 32amp sockets. I think the tranny is split up in to 4 parts, well it has 4 trip switches labled 1-4.

the first 2 are the 4 16amp sockets which is what everyone else plugs in to. The other 2 are the 2 larger 32 amp sockets which we find are never in use as no one is running 32 amp stuff.

So we have 2 leads with 32 amp plugs on the end. One goes to the ritmo and the other goes to a splitter that runs the water pump and the compressor.

We have no problems like this.

However when we first tried we just used the supplied leads with smaller 16amp sockets and where eveyone else was also plugged in on them 2 circuits it kept tripping the trips.

So i looked at the box and thought hang on only half of it is being used, hence we made the leads up. Also our genny has 1 16a and one 32amp socket so it makes sense to make a lead up for that.

When skimming we where using £25+ a day on fuel and that was using it sparingly. I reckon £30 plus for fuel a day if that your only power method, plus the ball ache of having a genny on site for indoor work. Ours is in the van incase the site power goes.

On private jobs we have a 5 kva tranny which plugs straight in to a 240v lead.

£25!!! im sure only do 5-10 a day and thats spraying mono for couple of hours per day

Yeh thats what i thought £25...................**** me you need to switch the thing off when your not using it. I thought it was quicker so why is your genny running all day?

its a honda engine, we where running it for maybe 3-4 hours a day i think. We were learning though!

people like to hate, i'm not one of them, i'm grateful i got to have a look!

No it's people trying to be honest and as yet aren't convinced and I don't think mr curriers rant of how fast amazing he is helped .......25 quid a day in fuel **** that loser

my 3 cylinder utiform only does about 8 quid in red deisel per day, you sure you aint got a hole in the tank:RpS_laugh:

No it's people trying to be honest and as yet aren't convinced and I don't think mr curriers rant of how fast amazing he is helped .......25 quid a day in fuel **** that loser

Agreed 25 quid aday is hideous!
I'm also sceptical its quicker for skimming, would like to think its easier.
Have you seen a machine been used in the flesh spunky?

I could go to Swansea and back on that .....I could see jenks every day and we could sit down drink tea and talk about stuff

Does seem a bit juicy , we run a 3 phase machine on a 15kva genny, average 2 to 2.5 hours a day.No more than 25 quid a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.