Plastering in New Zealand/Australia can anyone help?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robholliday85

Hello everyone
My names Rob. this is my first post on this site.
ive been plastering for 5 years now and still loving it!
and my triangle plasterers neck is coming along nicely.

was wondering if anyone knew anything about life as a plasterer in N.Z./OZ and the materials and methods used and how they differ from ours in the UK?

thinking of applying for a visa as soon as i get this bloody NVQ 2 done and dusted.

any information would be great

Cheers, Rob.

Do a seach mate I m sure I read a post about this not so long ago, best of luck.

P.S Welcome to the forum.

filled a questionair on a aussie website about 3 yrs ago and pissed it for the points neaded to emigrate but cant stand aussie nobbbbbheads

i lived there for 5 years in brisbane there was no internal all tape an joint lots of exterior lot s of good aussie tradesmen do render very traditional lots of newer onecoat renders and polymers etc get yerself out htere

ive worked in oz mate its mainly rendering internal with white lime set finish which you have to trowel up with a wooden kinda float to bring the fat up they do mainly taping aswell some of the plasterboards are 18ft long to nice lol

this site is ace

dont fancy lifting 18ft boards on my tod

will do my research lads

thanks for your help

how do they deal with the heat when rendering?
do you only do it in there winter or something or is it the additives?

barryed said:
Surely no-one could lift an 18ft 15mm soundboard on their own
if you read my thread you work in teams of six there is no way you can lift em on your own they are that size for a reason less cross joints to tape up

robholliday85 said:
Hello everyone
My names Rob. this is my first post on this site.
ive been plastering for 5 years now and still loving it!
and my triangle plasterers neck is coming along nicely.

was wondering if anyone knew anything about life as a plasterer in N.Z./OZ and the materials and methods used and how they differ from ours in the UK?

thinking of applying for a visa as soon as i get this bloody NVQ 2 done and dusted.

any information would be great

Cheers, Rob.

you will need more than an nvq2 if your planning on getting in on your skills.

are ya sure flynny, my mate went off the back of his, and he's now back after 6 months coz of the lack of work.

Theres not much going on there at the mo, and they only want proper plasterers, seem to remember plasterers get 100 points, same as a doctor. Best to look on the Gov web site, as its updated all the time. Dont trust the agents who live there, as they will tell you anything to get their fee, my son flew out there 2 weeks ago for a year...................Intresting to see how it pans out for him (can see it costing me down the line :-\ :D)

madmonk said:
barryed said:
Surely no-one could lift an 18ft 15mm soundboard on their own
if you read my thread you work in teams of six there is no way you can lift em on your own they are that size for a reason less cross joints to tape up

If you read the quote before mine you will find that somebody said you would still get some muppet trying to lift two at once

Bumhair said:
are ya sure flynny, my mate went off the back of his, and he's now back after 6 months coz of the lack of work.

Definetly sure my mate got in he has been there since november 2008, he got in on an NVQ2 dryliner fixer and just after, it changed, they got onto the the fact you get accessed for CSCS and are given the NVQ2, apparantly they had 15/20 hairdressers from india, all working in the same hairdressers so they investigated it. You now need Full apprenticeship including indentures, my mate has been insulating and makin a fortune $12000 a week i kid you not, he also has to get assesed in drylining to get a AQF (australian quals). there are firms doing similar things to get into oz but costs around £2000/£3000.

when u do mean isulating ? im thinking bout goin for a couple a year id b interrested in the rendering can u get work and has anyone got a contact out there?

He has been doing loft insulating, got a contact blaa blaa blaa, government were paying $1600 a gaff and nobody has it, its gone down to $1200 and now they are sayin the customer needs to get a spark in to check electrics before they have it so its getting harder and harder so he is lookin to get back in to drylining but you need a licence and that means australian quals or equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.