Plastering Finish

Members online

larrybarry

BBBE8767-8521-4338-9405-8B33766F0608.jpeg
I wonder could a professional give an opinion on the a newly plastered ceiling finish to new boards shown on the attached photos? There are dips & bumps clearly visible after we painted the ceilings. As a plasterer how does this happen or what causes it? We were recommend this guy who completed the work & before I call him back I want some guidance on if I’m being too picky to expect a more flatter looking surface than what I actually have?

Attachments

• 298E7B94-6157-4A35-92A3-CEE6A4909FAC.jpeg
    298E7B94-6157-4A35-92A3-CEE6A4909FAC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 328
  • 9B2CD840-87B9-454A-8C3F-C040132105F9.jpeg
    9B2CD840-87B9-454A-8C3F-C040132105F9.jpeg
    512.2 KB · Views: 312
  • F0D61DED-0BCA-48BF-9C59-AD071A84094C.jpeg
    F0D61DED-0BCA-48BF-9C59-AD071A84094C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 303
  • 1619109945963.png
    1619109945963.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 320
View attachment 60458I wonder could a professional give an opinion on the a newly plastered ceiling finish to new boards shown on the attached photos? There are dips & bumps clearly visible after we painted the ceilings. As a plasterer how does this happen or what causes it? We were recommend this guy who completed the work & before I call him back I want some guidance on if I’m being too picky to expect a more flatter looking surface than what I actually have?
Yeah that is sooooo bad not even close, tell him u want your money back

View attachment 60458I wonder could a professional give an opinion on the a newly plastered ceiling finish to new boards shown on the attached photos? There are dips & bumps clearly visible after we painted the ceilings. As a plasterer how does this happen or what causes it? We were recommend this guy who completed the work & before I call him back I want some guidance on if I’m being too picky to expect a more flatter looking surface than what I actually have?
The Plastering’s crap and so is your painting.
Match made in heaven!

I feel like there’s more than the usual number of these threads on here, and I’m wondering if people have either lost jobs or done a 180 and decided to give being in trade a go after lockdown

worked with some flooring people recently and their work was awful and that’s pretty much what he had done

Put Chip wood paper. Over it . There's plenty of key. I had a customer who was adamant that dining and lounge ceilings I did would look bad once painted, so offerd to paint them . Did so. He said fantastic. Paid me but not for the painting.

No idea how anyone can plaster that badly to be honest. He can't give any excuse, you paid him to give you a flat ceiling and he's ruined it

@stuart23 bit of easy fil.
@larrybarry if your asking if it's no good it's no good .
Call him and give him chance to put it right. Is chance he.s had some s**t in hos life and may have just had a bad day at office . I doubt it like

@stuart23 bit of easy fil.
@larrybarry if your asking if it's no good it's no good .
Call him and give him chance to put it right. Is chance he.s had some s**t in hos life and may have just had a bad day at office . I doubt it like
Was you want it? Op did the plasterer have ginger hair and wear a dodgey sleeveless vest