Plastering Dying Trade get out of it.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont Bother posting never any work to find here anyway.
Its not the jobcentre mate try getting involved more then maybe you might get somethin, then when your post count goes up you will enter the private members section, where all the decent work get given out to valued members. Merry Christmas xxx

From what Ive seen in my time in the forum,there's been a fair bit of work gained by some ,spreads helping others out to push a job on etc.I've also seen jobs been posted people lookin for plasterwork ? Then out of the blue,someone ive never seen on the forum swoops in!! no likey :RpS_mad:

Last edited:
the forum has generated 100,000's of job opportunities for members but you get out what you put in.

I would prefer work to be passed out to members who have supported the forum, along with the free gifts that the sponsors hand out as it pays off to get involved.

If you are not getting any work generally you need to look at how the business is run and you might just see some holes in your marketing strategy.

Good luck for the new year

Danny

Hi Southwestspread........ Happy Holidays and a merry new year mate!!

Not seen any of your other posts, so sorry if you have done this before........

Where are you based, what skills and experience do you have and do you have any references?

The posts above are all correct, there is work on here and it gets shared about..... let people know who you are and what your about and then the work offers may become more available.

There are several regular contributors on here from Devon.... the work seems to be feast or famine, but there is work out there!

Get involved a bit - at least let people know you exist!

Good Luck in the new year

well i don't come on the forum just to find work!! i'am here to talk and read what others of all ages have to say -about plastering and stuff!!,i find my own work usually (admitted it a bit thin -on the ground at the moment and its now become a game of survival ,so i 'am hoping to keep finding jobs to keep me & family fed/watered /housed ) so i 'am looking forward to the new year where we must all keep spending to get out of this **** !!.......

Even hector is cherpier than you marra...........................:RpS_thumbdn:..........anyway happy new year................ish.........:RpS_thumbup:

Even I'm chirpier and I've had a crap xmas :RpS_thumbup:
There is work out there but you have to sell yourself otherwise the customers just go for the first chancer who comes along for beer money

Perhaps instead of expecting someone to wipe your arse, you get of it and go and find some work.

After a rant like that if i had some to give you i would certainly think twice about giveing it to you.

Apart from that, Merry Xmas and a prosperous new year.

Hi, Runscissors,I had a few bevvys as u do @ xmas ,i did try take comment off,
i have 14 yrs experience in plastering can provide references etc..
all aspects of plastering,machine plastering,thin coat,krend,so on etc all to high standards churs for the replyss, didnt expect that,if anyone has work in Devon
Or Uk Or in anypart of the world give us a shout ill be on the next eastjet lol.

all aspects of plastering,machine plastering,thin coat,krend,so on etc all to high standards churs for the replyss, didnt expect that,if anyone has work in Devon
Or Uk Or in anypart of the world give us a shout ill be on the next eastjet lol.

I thought there was loads of work in Devon you could try Bobby on the forums he's North Devon, Barnstaple. We are plasterers in Bristol how far are you prepared to travel?

Hay don't worry........ most regular posters on here are drunk!! LOL

Be positive and positive things come back!!

Read the comments above - do you have a website? Danny above can advise with an update, or help out with one if you don't have one........

Get involved a little - 14 years exp can be shared!! (accept that you will get some banter and **** - OK you've had some already above....LOL).

Enjoy and see what comes along - new year new luck!

BTW - Nice one Adcar!!

Its not the jobcentre mate try getting involved more then maybe you might get somethin, then when your post count goes up you will enter the private members section, where all the decent work get given out to valued members. Merry Christmas xxx

yep.

Hi Southwest (just read your reply) I am busy down here for a couple of months. turned down some work in Taunton and Bridgewater . Lots of Insulation and Thincoat render work, not really my cup of tea. There is also lots of work in Cranbrook but I hear its site bashing and poor rates. Leadbitter are doing alot in Newton abbot and Paignton, Good luck for 2013, Happy hunting

im based in southwest and am busy all the time.good rates also.if your good at what you do the work will come to you.there`s to many so called plasterer`s out there who want silly money in my opinion.i have bloke`s ringing me up wanting 150 a day,then turn up and lay on 8 sheets a day(skimming)!!!
i would imagine the rates at cranbrook are **** if m j stevens is involved.

Ha ha I love it when you are hammered...go online and do something stoopid :RpS_thumbsup:

The amount of stuff I've bought on ebay while pi55ed lol...

As ive said before theres something amiss about this forum, its as if its corrupt and this statement from flynny proves it. Ive been posting for 5 years on this forum and have never been asked to join or cant access the so called "private members section" its as if theres a certain group of people looking after each other. Its total bollox!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.