Plastering Dinosaur?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
Hi, I have been on this site for only a short while and I am feeling a bit old fashioned as I do not do K Rend , Monocouche, machine plastering etc, I have no website. I do s/c rendering ,hardwall and s/c floating, skimming, a little screeding now due to my knee been screwed together due to arthritis . There is so much that has changed but luckily I am still busy enough.. Is there many more like me out there or am I the lone dinosaur? I am 46 so I will hopefully keep at it for a while longer, I was interested in polished plastering.. Thoughts etc Guys and Gals

I'm the same never done ewi I have done k rend tho but I'm only 37 I want to have a go at all these new things but there is not a lot of call for it were I live at the moment so after Xmas I'm hoping to go on my travels if the money's ok so I'm a dinosaur at 37 haha

I'm very much the same as you marra, so don't worry. The rest of them are all bullsh1tters anyhow :RpS_biggrin:

i am the same just never done anything like this, and as for marble plastering well i am 52 and i have never had so much as an enquiry for it , nor do i know of any other plasterer in carlisle who has done it.

really should be no difference at all bubbles, we are just up the road from each other but i have talked to other plasterers and honestly similair to me not even an enquiry for marble plastering,

Learn to do it and advertise it, get some pics done first like. Hotels, restaurants, hairdressers. Just one feature wall in any of these places could bring enquiries in marra - sell yourself and the product :RpS_thumbup:

dinosaur here too, but not afraid to try new ways, products etc with this game you never stop learning

same here would like to learn marble plastering but don't no anyone around stoke on Trent who could go with to learn anyone out there ?

same here would like to learn marble plastering but don't no anyone around stoke on Trent who could go with to learn anyone out there ?
I am from the county of the pots never had an enquiry for the marble plastering,never done k rend etc,but just get by doing what i do,but i do a lot of property maintenece,now at the grand age of 48 i am going to install chimney liners for multi fuel stoves after my training,so another string to the bow.

Is doing the maintenance something you have to do to keep busy or something that interests you?????

Is doing the maintenance something you have to do to keep busy or something that interests you?????
Yes it interests me,i enjoy doing something different from pushing muck up walls and keeps my diary full,i just think there is too many people havin a go in this game and doing it badly so if i can get my hetas certificate then it will give me another trade to make money out of.

Sounds good. I just wondered. I work for a DPC firm, so when we get quiet I end up spraying for woodworm in lofts and all sorts of ****.

Yes it interests me,i enjoy doing something different from pushing muck up walls and keeps my diary full,i just think there is too many people havin a go in this game and doing it badly so if i can get my hetas certificate then it will give me another trade to make money out of.
How much does it cost to get the HETAS certificate mate, i used to fit liners in Spain might be worth looking at.

Im gonna look into it in the new year, i had to get a few quotes a while back and they are on a good screw, got someone to do it in the end but i done most of the work and he fitted the fire for £350, he was there just over an hour. They teach it at the college near me, the bloke was run off his feet fitting them and the other quotes i got were well over a £1000. With the price of fuel a lot of people are having them. You dont need to be Hetas registered but you need to get building control involved and from what i can gather they dont really know much about regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.