Plastering ceilings

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a days work with tresles...My mate use's them all the time, by time he's set them up in his room i've first coated the ceiling in my room, plus there a nightmare to carry in and out of houses, waste of time unless the ceilings high and big!...then get the spot and stand on them aswell.

There isn't many ceilings i can't do with my hop up lol

i dont get why some of you lot dont use a board and stand all the time?? unless i cant get it in the room, iv got one set up

i dont get why some of you lot dont use a board and stand all the time?? unless i cant get it in the room, iv got one set up
its cos you cant fit a spotboard and stand in the back of nissan micra... are you thick or something? :RpS_laugh:

put a dust bin (my mixing tub) on a hop up , 1 1/2 - 2 bags for my first coat,, jump off my stilts. mix 1 to lay in away ya go . use a saucepan as a scoop!! perfect hawk full! looks a bit funny but it dont come any easier than that.
i literally cant do higher than 3m high on stilts but that covers most work . artex ceiling average town house 200 quid! fully guaranteed.
some muppet priced a whole lounge 180quid recent ,, you normally get what you pay for.

yeah i dont know where they get there prices from ! your looking at 50 quid for materials , thats without charging them for your time to go get them, van costs (pricing visit) . Not a clue . I dont even entertain people like that. i could skim a lounge in a day with artex ceiling but prep and skim i'll be there till 6 an fxxk that. average lounge 2 days 120 per days good enough a me (for easy days). 240 + 70 quid materials 310quid easy 2 days = Good job.. that is rock bottom price . if its just a ceiling in a tidy house i gotta tape skirtings cause wood floor etc 200 all in . 40 materials 160 pocket. That is far from extortion.

HI Lads already reg it with the patent office hop up on small wheels with a brake put ya bucket on the hop up Trowhawk in hand and away you go no more heavy lifting just pull the hop around with ease emptying as ya go then knock up another and away ya go i think theres a song in here somewhere hop around hop around away we go go .lol

How the **** can you have patented that there have been work platforms and stepups on wheels for donkeys years? Don't all podium steps have wheels with brakes fitted?

I worked for a bloke who invented a scaffold platform called the spider it had trolley wheels on and legs in the middle with a tilting platform so when you lean it pushed you along he even gave us one to try out it also had a built in spot to put plaster on I would still have it now but the bloke i was working with at the time took it and i had the cement mixer in our break up lol

How the **** can you have patented that there have been work platforms and stepups on wheels for donkeys years? Don't all podium steps have wheels with brakes fitted?
Depends on the dimensions of the wheels etc or maybe castor or wheels with different rubbers and what size parameters for instance square piece of paper cut off the corner there you go different parameter etc.if you havent covered all angles patent got round

HI Lads already reg it with the patent office hop up on small wheels with a brake put ya bucket on the hop up Trowhawk in hand and away you go no more heavy lifting just pull the hop around with ease emptying as ya go then knock up another and away ya go i think theres a song in here somewhere hop around hop around away we go go .lol

Are you saying you've nicked my idea jimfish????:RpS_cursing:

So if I design a shity bucket trowel with a rounded front with the handle attached to the underside but trim of the back corners as well there's **** all you can do about it? Don't worry I'm not going to bother. I was going to say with a detachable handle but realised you've already covered that one lol.

So if I design a shity bucket trowel with a rounded front with the handle attached to the underside but trim of the back corners as well there's **** all you can do about it? Don't worry I'm not going to bother. I was going to say with a detachable handle but realised you've already covered that one lol.

I normally strap a set of roller skates to mi stilts-**** me i'm quick!!!!

Ive said to you before you have your opinion same as everyone else but reading your last comment whats your problem i am merely demonstrating something different talk about s++ty bucket trowel what do you know and as for trying to get round it well have a go i would stick to what you know by the sounds of it all you do is knock other tradesmen oh and by the way the only way is up the M6 not essex

I bought a brickies trowel for 4 quid and squared it off with an angle grinder look at the expensive marshalltown bucket trowel it's the same but I don't like them cause there cut on the angle if you had the time and could be arsed round the end off hey presto nice wide bucket trowel that doesn't cost a fortune

Ive said to you before you have your opinion same as everyone else but reading your last comment whats your problem 1: i am merely demonstrating something different talk about s++ty bucket trowel 2: what do you know and as for trying to get round it well have a go i would stick to what you know 3: by the sounds of it all you do is knock other tradesmen oh and by the way the only way is up the M6 not essex

On the first point all you were doing was finding another way of mentioning your product.
On the second point I don't claim to know everything about plastering but I do know that like plenty of the other guys on here I've got more knowledge and skill in my little finger than you have in your whole being.
And thirdly apart from a bit of banter I can't ever remember knocking any decent tradesmen on here, although I admit I may have been a little harsh to a few plums like you.
So to summarise go **** yourself.

jimfish... its chris.. aka bigsegs... andys one of the elite mate, aka 'proper spread'... just dont mate, please.... :RpS_bored:

On the first point all you were doing was finding another way of mentioning your product.
On the second point I don't claim to know everything about plastering but I do know that like plenty of the other guys on here I've got more knowledge and skill in my little finger than you have in your whole being.
And thirdly apart from a bit of banter I can't ever remember knocking any decent tradesmen on here, although I admit I may have been a little harsh to a few plums like you.
So to summarise go **** yourself.
TUT TUT Listen andy as for knowledge and skill i can and do hold my own along side anyone i have many certs not just plastering also many more things i do. I am very professional in what i do .I run my own company .And i have many satisfied customers and as for being a plum well people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones hope you get my point Bye the way andy you must have a very big { little finger } To hold the knowledge i have

jim the fish... well done mate... tell us all how to do it.... do us a fave an delete yourself before one of us has to do it for you... please...

Status
Not open for further replies.