Plastering around door linings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajdbuild

Had a big site on a while back had to knock out the houses quick ,we was scraping all the linings but then had the decorators moaning that we was fooking them up by chipping them and they had to fill them ( they were cheap shite linings anyway) now common sense kicked in we put duct tape around them and pull it off when it's done .1 min to put it on and Seconds to pull it off ...clean lining ...rather than 5 mins of scraping and getting moaned out .

Honestly just tape them when your knackerd at the end of the day ,just pull em off looks like they put em in after you've plastered

Have done this before but only on solid oak casings, dont generally have any issues with softwood linings,either a brush or scrape before the final trowel

I always tape them up just looks better I think
And I they are old and the tape doesn't want to stick to well just put in the odd staple and jobs a good one

Just use a small tool to scrape off before the last rub. Architrave covers most of the lining anyway.

Your lucky to have frames in just done a extension turns up to dab it out and no frames in block work ask the builder to put them in haven't got time today

Status
Not open for further replies.