Plastering apprenticeship wanted with a builder/plasterer, semi skilled cscs n’pton

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpwalsh11

Hello, been in the building trade for 7 years, laboured for most trades and have been plastering cellars, small rooms etc but still not confident on big ceilings, rendering, screeding so want to learn more with a fully qualified plasterer or builder to take me on/ train up/ apprenticeship or if a building company needs some labour. I have my own tools, very hard workin and reliable, CSCS reg and willing to travel anywhere, i will not let you down just want my career to grow. Also, i am available for small private jobs at a cheap price with a good finish.

James plastering.perfection@hotmail.co.uk
Northampton
07905 740351

I didn't how much would you want per day I can't take you on I'm too far away but how much would you be happy with

i wouldnt mind about 80 cash a day to learn all aspects of plastering intense as i can do quite a bit anyway. where are you?

you should do it for less to get a foothold mate......that's £10/hour, id expect a lot from you for the that including big ceilings, rendering etc and being left alone on a job with no worries.....might price yourself out of it fella

Lol theres alot of spreads out there at the moment only getting 80 a day most lads we have taken on only gets £30 a day.

Hi JP,

Dont mean to be negative but you havent got a cat in hells chance at mo of getting anywhere near that sort of money from a plasterer thats local to yourself that will see you as just another person he could be pricing against 12 mnts down the line etc.

Problem is you probably think that you can do a bit but if your only 12 mnths down the line then the reality will be that youl be slow and perhaps your work wont be A1 yet and thats not by no means a critacism thats just most likely the reality asking for 80 a day you will be expected to be able to bang a bit on as theres spreads out there that are flooding market at them rates that have previously been on site etc that are n ow scratching etc and believe me they will hammer the metres out!

Youl be better asking people to be a labourer only on labourers wage ie min mage if lucky at mo....someone asking for little that can then show some growing skills will be much more apealing to a plasterer. Then if your keen and sharp you will demonstrate that your on the ball getting in front of the spreads etc. They will be happy to see you developing onto the trowel then as there not daft they know it will line there pockets which lets me frank is all its about for them.

Every day that passes you will learn more build up more of a relationship with the spread and then you can make your own doors open.

But i genuinly think going in wanting more you will crash and burn...your putting alot of expectation on your back at 80 a day belive me i took a spread that was 60 yr old with me the other week and he was only asking for 80 a day though tbh because i could and out of respect i gave him a 100 a day.

Not being rude fela just giving you an honest opinion

Zombie:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks, i can plaster its just a need to get faster and be able to do big ceilings its just the little tips i need. i was plastering for a company but wasnt doing no rendering or screeding and i just want to sharpen my techniques. Are you in northampton then

Hi JP,

No mate im not northampton fela, realy not meaning to be negative for you pal but speaking as somone thats had people on books before etc theres alot of hidden costs for employers these days and small sole traders etc are treated just the same as big organisations with no help or subsidies from goverment etc.

Its a real shame as theres loads of people that used to be able to pay for a labourer etc but due to slow work and stupid prices the majority of people on domestic anyway or working on there own. This implicates your problem thus making more sense to at least make your self available as a labourer for lads on site.

Good Luck with it all mate! Genuinly believe people that want to get on will get on wether it be middle of a recession or in a boom!

Just sometimes have to be prepared to go backwards to go forwards, done it myself a few times pal scares the s**t out of you but all youve got to cling onto is where you want to be in 10yrs time not 10mnts if you catch my drift fella!

Keep the faith!

For me spunky f****n all of em cant wait for the exposed joist floor board look to come in!!!!!:RpS_thumbup:

PS...boared that ceiling out today that was going to 1 coat and sponge float tomorrow...wanted to dub all board joints out ready for tomorrow morning but had to finish early to pick kids up also looked up at ceiling and thought f**k that i cant be arsed seemed more hard work than just putting a normal first on there was that many board joints as only used 6 x 3s and all ceiling edges where all over so had to use board adhesive to scribe to walls etc.

Bet i still get sponge out on 2nd coat though tom at wet trowel stage was that impressed other day plus like trying different things i get that mind knumbingly board on my own will even make it more exciting if it starts ******* it up give me summet to do lol!

zombie:RpS_thumbup:

lol hehe i like it rock yeah your right perhaps being boreds not such a bad thing after all lol!

Guess theres always the knicker draw thats always good for killing 10 mins:RpS_thumbup:

Zombie

Spunky,

Used it again today on 2nd coat gave it 1 trowel then gently songed used a bit less water as well.... walla! job done! didnt even realy need another pass just gave it 1 to take any residue off..............fook**n mega mate 1 even tidy finish no slight ripples, shiny bit matt bit etc....flawless! with blaring sunlight coming through!

Cant ever see me not passing any wall or ceiling i do ever again just leaves it mint...think ive sussed it now well,well impressed!

Even went to builders merchants on way home to try and pick another up as normaly use for backing coats but want 1 that i can keep proper clean for skimming only!

Zombie :RpS_thumbup::RpS_thumbup::RpS_thumbup:

Try One coating board next mate exactly the same just fill out all beads scrim etc before and lay it on a bit thicker

Defo will fela can totaly see how you could 1 coat all board work once youve buttered joints and beads out! wouldnt even consider a 2nd coat if i was on site! ...noooo channce!... Work on domestic so boards about as regular as arr lass pulling her knickers down!

To be honest its weird because it even seems to save a bit of time when 2 coating as your only giving walls 1 trowel then literaly sponge job done! realy looked mint today way better than a normal finish!

Tell you what these people tha are knocking it that havent tried it are crackers!

Only 3 nobody likes a show off you know! lol

I always set off with good intentions tight measurements etc using full boards etc..then from about 12pm onwards gaps get increasingly bigger then faced with fetching a fresh board from van or using all 18 scrap bits off floor and back fill all gaps hey...its a hands down winner...1 patch work quilt.

BOL**X to it once its all pink who cares! i must be the only spread that prefers going over artex than walls ive dabbed out ! lol:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.