plastering above kitchen cupboards! would u do it?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rated_2000

been asked to plaster above existing kitchen cupboards and round the cupboards on 3 walls everything is working up to coving, skirting, architrave and cupboards,

seems like a b!tch job climbing over kitchen cabinets and working over the cupboards onto a small area of wall, having to climb up and down getting more plaster, trying to balance with hawk and trowel in hand, some of the areas r small, too small for the trowel.

would u take this on or would not bother with the hassle ?  :-/

would it be more hassle than its worth ?

Re: plastering above kitchen cupboards! would u do

suppose it depends on what price you are going to put in,i would make it worth the extra hassle

suppose it depends on what price you are going to put in,i would make it worth the extra hassle

its a mates rate job so wouldnt be much, its for experience but it a c**t of a job in my view ?

if you think it looks a right b*stard and are not happy about doing it,best tell em your to busy mate,or get em to take the wall units down which usually does the trick see how keen they are then

put it this way.... if you can do that job with out losing your temper then you can do anything. ;D

one of the first jobs i went to quote for was to fanny about between cupboards and pointy sided cooker hood which joined with the cupboards etc, made my excuses and said i wouldn't be able to start for a while due to being booked up (i knew they wanted it doing asap) :cool:

always seems to be after theyve had a new kitchen fitted,bit like decorating then having the dampproofing done

put it this way.... if you can do that job with out losing your temper then you can do anything.  ;D

yeah i know and they gonna be around at the time so thats extra pressure too!

its almost imposible to make even a half decent job of something like that, so unless they took the cuboards down I would not do that

its almost imposible to make even a half decent job of something like that, so unless they took the cuboards down I would not do that

the person who asked me seems to think its easy! if u can plaster u can plaster!

i explained that the job was not straight forward :'(

Oh man i feel your pain i have done a few in the past and they arent as bad as they seem just do smaller sets and get a midget trowel dont bother with dust sheets as they seem to get in the way you can buy big sheets of cling film stuff which covers the units up a treat make your mate do that and try to get him to buy the midget trowel ;)

well yes it can be done very easy but for the sake of a few meters what u going to charge and dont forget it will take ages to make it look half decent and what about the mess it will make, it just aint worth the hasstle m8 take it from me

Oh man i feel your pain i have done a few in the past and they arent as bad as they seem just do smaller sets and get a midget trowel dont bother with dust sheets as they seem to get in the way you can buy big sheets of cling film stuff which covers the units up a treat make your mate do that and try to get him to buy the midget trowel ;)

i think i could do it but i know its gonna be a marathon pain in the a$$ and i dont wanna be judged on a crap job like that,!

i got a 8inch midget trowel already :)

done plenty like this, stick it on and wait to firm up before flattening off. charge a day plus for it being an ass ache

well atleast if you do go ahead and do it you'll have a better understanding of what to expect when another customer wants theirs doing plus another notch on the old experience belt :cool:

i had the same thing the other day. told her she would need to take cupboards off i,ts not a big job taking them off anyway.just unsrew the brackets and lift them off . much less hassle m8.

av done jobs like that before n they do my head in plastering tiny bits under cupboards its a right arrse on a hate it

leave it well alone done a few in my younger days not now. goin around cupboards always looks crap and may make you look crap too even 4 mates :'(

Its part of the job.
These bits need plastered just like any other. The more you do, the better you get at them. And quicker.

They are a bit of a pain, but they need done.

Its part of the job.
These bits need plastered just like any other. The more you do, the better you get at them. And quicker.

taking the cupboards off is no biggie though is it?

Its part of the job.

taking the cupboards off is no biggie though is it?
taking kitchen cupboards off is a piece of p**s just leave the brackets on there only small and u wont see them anyway its half hours work. ;)

i think i could do it but i know its gonna be a marathon pain in the a$$ and i dont wanna be judged on a crap job like that,!

i got a 8inch midget trowel already  :)
are you getting fed up with domestic work rated?..........do you dream of walking on site having water butts ready, plaster loaded out and reams of board to have a go at? ..............yeh and me ...........err ........anyone :-?

Nicksey im doin flats at the mo im on my 3rd and they are doin my head in already :( same thing day in day out only been on site 5 days now lucky theres only 8 in total, and the site is the muddiest crap hole you have ever seen i dont miss site work mate ;)

ive got a small willy but ive got kids now so ........it's.......all.............gone to................fooking ......shite anyway :mad:

i got a 8inch midget trowel already  :)
are you getting fed up with domestic work rated?..........do you dream of walking on site having water butts ready, plaster loaded out and reams of board to have a go at? ..............yeh and me ...........err ........anyone  :-?

im sick of domestic plastering and ive only been doing it 10 minutes god help.....what im gona feel like after 10 years of it  ;D :'(  

expecially when you pull a nail out......and half the wall falls down  :'(

ditemper  :'(

all the hole's have been filled with wet newspaper  :'(

moving furniture  :'(

shite aint it ;).......got a 2 storey staircase ceiling to do off one youngman board and a pair of wooden steps ............health and safety get me out of here !!!!!!!!!!!!

victorian stairwells are my favourite, scaff board on the banister and on a set of steps at top of the stairs, then walk the walk and fooking hope it dont go :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.