plastering 1930's chalk/straw 'breeze blocks'

Members online

gooty

It's taken me months of my spare time to remove all of the old plaster from the stairway, and now its time to start plastering each of the different surfaces.
The first is an internal wall made of chalk 'breeze blocks' that have straw cast inside.

The wall is really uneven, so I was going to try and level it first with bonding.

Should I pva (ratio?) the night before, then pva again on the day (ratio?) and use bonding on the low spots?
Then a few days later do the same 2 pva again over the whole lot before multifinish?

eddie murphy wtf!.gif

It's taken me months of my spare time to remove all of the old plaster from the stairway, and now its time to start plastering each of the different surfaces.
The first is an internal wall made of chalk 'breeze blocks' that have straw cast inside.

The wall is really uneven, so I was going to try and level it first with bonding.

Should I pva (ratio?) the night before, then pva again on the day (ratio?) and use bonding on the low spots?
Then a few days later do the same 2 pva again over the whole lot before multifinish?

How big is the stairwell and you haven’t hacked off solid plaster have you?

This feels like it will end in tears

All of the old plaster was shot and so removed back to chalk or bare bricks.
The stairs isn't too big.
2 x chalk walls approx. 3mx3m and 1 x bare brick wall that's approx. 8mx3m (but less area as its the triangle shaped parallel to the stairs).
So the chalk should be rendered in lime and then normal multi on top?
Can you tell me what else is used to make the lime mix render and ratios please?

I really don't understand the need to reply like this. Have you never asked for advice in your life?

you need to find a lime supplier where it will be pre mixed.
3 coat system.
not cheap and slow process.

i have started using best of lime products latly which is nice to use. again pre bagged

This should be in the DIY section where I won't click on your drivel.

I really don't understand the need to reply like this. Have you never asked for advice in your life?

1) Andy does have a point that it should really be in the DIY section of the forum as you are asking a DIY question

2) Nobody here owes you anything, so please bear that in mind. If you ask for help, then it is the way of the world that some people will feel inclined to help you, whilst others may not. No point in getting butt-hurt about the ones who don't feel inclined to help you. Just filter out the negative and be thankful for any positive you may receive for free.

3) You may wish Andy was more understanding of your need for advice, but Andy may wish you were more understanding that he is menopausal and his erratic homones are playing havoc with his social skills. On the plus side, he does have great tits for the first time in his life, so there's a silver lining to every cloud! :chica:

1) Andy does have a point that it should really be in the DIY section of the forum as you are asking a DIY question

2) Nobody here owes you anything, so please bear that in mind. If you ask for help, then it is the way of the world that some people will feel inclined to help you, whilst others may not. No point in getting butt-hurt about the ones who don't feel inclined to help you. Just filter out the negative and be thankful for any positive you may receive for free.

3) You may wish Andy was more understanding of your need for advice, but Andy may wish you were more understanding that he is menopausal and his erratic homones are playing havoc with his social skills. On the plus side, he does have great tits for the first time in his life, so there's a silver lining to every cloud! :chica:
Never a truer word spoken.