plasterin in iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

heres 1 for ya a was talkin to a lad the other day he was tellin me about jobs goin in iraq rebuildin war torn parts you go there for six months guarded by soldiers n come home with 100grand in your bank lot of money but wouldnt even consider it a dont trust thoes little sneaky bastards

bloody hell, i would if it was genuine... lots o little patches about an inch round! ;D

id definatly have the rest of the year off. how do you apply? i could do with a 100 big one :eek:

do you have to wear high vis lol ;D

if any of em try and put holes in my newly troweled wall id f'kin kill the b'stards ;D

Rumour has it as long as you've got your CSCS card the insurgents leave you alone  ;D
;D
does the old e1-11 cover you for bullet holes??

tell u wot though...if the squaddies found out you were on 100k while they were on tuppence ha'penny theyd prolly shoot you themselves...

heres 1 for ya a was talkin to a lad the other day he was tellin me about jobs goin in iraq rebuildin war torn parts you go there for six months guarded by soldiers n come home with 100grand in your bank lot of money  but wouldnt even consider it a dont trust thoes little sneaky bastards

yeah but if u plaster a wall then it gets bombed, do u still get paid or does the owner accuse u of dodgy work and refuse to pay ;D

site i was on told me about the whole iraq thing!

i was asked to work there abt 3yre ago they said high viz aint compulsery but a bullet proof vest was coz a lot o workers dont get killed by direct shots it is the bullets tht bounce of the walls tht kill ya well if the case is thr still work going im gunna av a look in2 it

i was offerd 2000 grnd a week and it tax free or used to be over there ;D

I'd go tomorrow . Think about it,  you could be earning 100K in six months and Protected by UK's finest. You've got as much chance of being Killed in Croydon or Brixton and your only on Crappy day rates. If my Missus new about this she'd have my bags packed tomorrow and one way tickets bought. :mad:

Id kick this one into touch lads to be fair
I fought out there in the last Gulf, the place is the arse hole of the world.
Your a lot beter off staying put.

Mush

plasterer - ex squaddie sayin forget it...ill follow that lead...the other thing would be the heat, fear of gettin shot is one thing...having to skim walls in 110 degree heat is something i wouldnt relish...youd have to be fit as a butchers dog to last a week...

this is russian roulette you could pay youre house off in two years but .................... let's train some lads up and sub em out ;D
they'll be fighting over who does bottoms!

now that is not a bad idea nicksey...form an employment agency (easy done), train up a few immigrants....
go out there and keep em workin...6 into 1 is 600k - wages = 599k :cool:

im goin on dragons den...trade + 10 immigrants = 900 percent profit long as the world is at war...kills 2 birds...
bet some f'ckers beat me to it though...

Obviously the country is still dangerous, and if a squaddie says forget it then maybe i will. I'd still like to at least have a look though, has anyone got any more information on this, please?

Ste

Status
Not open for further replies.