plasterin gang looking for work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive posted various jobs, and 2 full time posts on here and get very little reponse.
when i was quite years ago i would have gone to the moon and back to bring a wage in.
some lads can afford to be choosy these days i guess,
ill give you credit d*m**o your a wally, but at least your keen and willing

i've got to give d*m**o credit where it's due he started with us today told him to be on site for 7.30 he was there at 7 done everything he was told to do kept his head down and plugged away, when asked if he can get to sevenoaks next week he replied yeah no problem i'l just jump on the train, when asked how much he's expecting a day he replies you pay me what you think i'm worth we agreed a figure (i'm not going to say how much) and he was happy, there aint many young lads who are willing to put themselves out to do a days collar

True because everyone sits at home and waits for render systems kebab king and owls to take them on .......

i've got to give d*m**o credit where it's due he started with us today told him to be on site for 7.30 he was there at 7 done everything he was told to do kept his head down and plugged away, when asked if he can get to sevenoaks next week he replied yeah no problem i'l just jump on the train, when asked how much he's expecting a day he replies you pay me what you think i'm worth we agreed a figure (i'm not going to say how much) and he was happy, there aint many young lads who are willing to put themselves out to do a days collar

Fair play to you mate, I hope you can educate the lad:RpS_thumbup:

Those two ceilings would've helped me right out don't worry mate you're dreams off going national may come true yet lol

It did it myself in the end i was fooked if i really wanted to go to Bristol for the day for pricley sum of £350.

fair play lads you have offered work a few times and there hasnt been any takers, d*m**o seems very keen and sounds like a grafter so good luck.

In fairness to other members , when you see some of the slating that people get on this forum, is there any wonder there are no takers for jobs, why would they take on a job with another member (if they are not that confident) and risk gettin the s**t ripped outa of em and slagged off, unless your one of those that are Dumb, ino every one has a weakness. I have offered help when other members have offered work and worked quite well with them , others have not even had the courtesy to reply to my pm's/e-mails. Even the chap that advertised the job near Geneva who said he found people unprofessional for not gettin back to him DID NOT RESPOND TO MY OFFER OF HELP, and i suppose were all guilty of that in some way shape or form , or even take up a better offer on another job somewhere else, and leave the other guy in the lurch (not me i might add) but that's human nature, most people just want the easy option OR BETTER MONEY THAN WHAT'S ON OFFER, i too have also offered work here in the past, but had no takers purely cos of the prices offered by the agents.
And Les is right about those stress patches, you do need training:RpS_sneaky:

I doubt it's got anything to do with anything .........chances are lads are just busy or not in the right area that's life

Thank you warrior now i understand about what there on about stress patches. Some lads are willing to travel some not it's simple as that. Myself this time of year am will to travel 1 hour from home thats me unless the money was really good then further.
Render man was on about spending £90 on fuel well thats fine if it's built into the cost but if your just a subbie on the m2 or on a hourly rate travel cost plays a big part of it. And lets not forget unless your on the books you do not get paid traveling time.
d*m**o good to luckk to yer mate hope it works out for you. And always ask "why are doing that".

Last edited:
In fairness to other members , when you see some of the slating that people get on this forum, is there any wonder there are no takers for jobs, why would they take on a job with another member (if they are not that confident) and risk gettin the s**t ripped outa of em and slagged off, unless your one of those that are Dumb, ino every one has a weakness. I have offered help when other members have offered work and worked quite well with them , others have not even had the courtesy to reply to my pm's/e-mails. Even the chap that advertised the job near Geneva who said he found people unprofessional for not gettin back to him DID NOT RESPOND TO MY OFFER OF HELP, and i suppose were all guilty of that in some way shape or form , or even take up a better offer on another job somewhere else, and leave the other guy in the lurch (not me i might add) but that's human nature, most people just want the easy option OR BETTER MONEY THAN WHAT'S ON OFFER, i too have also offered work here in the past, but had no takers purely cos of the prices offered by the agents.
And Les is right about those stress patches, you do need training:RpS_sneaky:

i can confirm paul and his boys have always been a little treasure to work with, and very professional in every way :RpS_biggrin:

Thank you warrior now i understand about what there on about stress patches. Some lads are willing to travel some not it's simple as that. Myself this time of year am will to travel 1 hour from home thats me unless the money was really good then further.
Render man was on about spending £90 on fuel well thats fine if it's built into the cost but if your just a subbie on the m2 or on a hourly rate travel cost plays a big part of it. And lets not forget unless your on the books you do not get paid traveling time.
d*m**o good to luckk to yer mate hope it works out for you. And always ask "why are doing that".

some lads on books get paid henry for traveling, often tho just for one way, thats what i do if its more than an hour one way
and i agree an hours usually enough to be traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.