Plasterers

Members online

No members online now.
I've said this before, I don't know what other job could pay me what I earn with the flexibility.

And to answer the question yes I still love what I do.

I've done this game for 30 years, I'd rather do buy and sell houses but I can't afford to anymore, plastering has given me a decent living ,despite the idiots working for f all ,I can still get good money without killing myself , regular clients is my salvation and big expensive refurbs, the domestic market is swamped with skimmers in London ,the cash boys ,in and out so I don't bother with domestic work much

The lads I quote against seem to be a lot cheaper than me, then can't complete jobs because they can't get decent labour at a knockdown price, takes them a couple of years to go bust, you know the score, swanky cars and talking bollox in the merchants and boozers, golfing holidays! Suddenly they owe loads of tax and go bust, never their fault, always someone had them over or didn't pay them. I have a set of rates that I stick to and it works for me and mine.

I hate it due to all aches n pains I get . Did to much early on to impress builders to build clientel up. Now I,m on 3 to 4 days max when I get back of my hols . Can earn enough in 3 so enjoying kids. ......but you know how it is you have an elite set of builders you don't want to let down so before you know it your working 8 days a week again though I,m seriously gonna try and tell em they will have to wait

I hate it due to all aches n pains I get . Did to much early on to impress builders to build clientel up. Now I,m on 3 to 4 days max when I get back of my hols . Can earn enough in 3 so enjoying kids. ......but you know how it is you have an elite set of builders you don't want to let down so before you know it your working 8 days a week again though I,m seriously gonna try and tell em they will have to wait
Do it John. Most will wait for me now they've been bitten too many times with chancers. Look out for number 1 (y)

I
Do it John. Most will wait for me now they've been bitten too many times with chancers. Look out for number 1 (y)
I know .i,m on a good number with a few builders who pay day rate so can't remember last time I went for any gear of price a job .if owt comes in I just pimp lad or another kid out as I just can't be assed. And as you say some can't wait so use other plasterers but always come back . I always tell people ,you know the ones " I need me kitchen doing as new ones coming tomorrow " to be careful if you can get someone to start next day. And though it's a bit naughty we all do it . If I,m rammed I just put a stupid price in if it's a one off job

I love it. Just love it. Render sitting on the wall till 9pm rain washing a days work off. Skim not knowing what it's going to do. And so on.

Come on Monday