plasterers rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambogambo

Hello everyone. Tonights been my first time lookin at this or in fact any forum so I hope I`m doin this right.

I live in Northern Ireland and have been plastering since 1985. I`ve been out on my own since 1993 and can do any type of plastering there is. Up until 4 years ago all my work was private houses but since then works been getting harder to find and I`ve had to start subbing off a larger contractor. I`ve been lucky in that I`ve never been out of work but since the recession has hit our prices have been getting cut every 6 months to the point where I feel I may have to start looking for work in England, Scotland or Wales.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the rates are like over the water? I`d mainly be interested in external machine applied monocouche finishes, inside floating and skimming, and any sand and cement external finishes including dry dash, wet dash and decorative.

The prices we are getting over here are rubbish and I`d appreciate any help at all.Thanks

Hi mate there is a thread going which includes the recent influx of Irish workers coming to London looking for work, lets put it this way they are deeply disapointed with the prices.

Prices we`re gettin here for insides would be between £4 and £5 a square meter for two coat floating and skimming. Single skim coat you`d get around £2 a meter square for walls and ceilings. External machine applied monocouche finishes such as K-rend you`d get between £6 and £8 a square meter depending on size and shape of building. External sand and cement scratch coat with dry dash would be £5 to £6 a meter square. All these prices are top line before tax and labour only.

if i was getting between 6 and 8 quid with a machine,for mono work, id be giving the game up.

In London for insides would be between 6 and £7 a square meter for two coat floating and skimming.
There is more work but for £5 m2. External sand and cement with scratch coat I charge £15 m2 Internal £10 m2 before tax and labour only. I don,t do much sand/cement to messy for me.

Thanks for the straight answer Oscar. And its Celtic actually you nkobheads. And just like the biggest majority of Celtic fans I pay my tax to the British government. I`m from Northern Ireland not that bankrupt shithole over the border.

Thanks for the straight answer Oscar. And its Celtic actually you nkobheads. And just like the biggest majority of Celtic fans I pay my tax to the British government. I`m from Northern Ireland not that bankrupt shithole over the border.

If you say say so me old cairde. Meath for the all Ireland,, or. Londonderry ?

so your in ireland on a long holiday then.

Status
Not open for further replies.