Plasterers needed sheffield

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plasterers needed sheffield for a new build school 1600 m2 cscs cards needed £2.30 per m2 fresh job nothings been skimmed yet.

Bell me on 07867314896

That's probably what your getting, I've said before and to be fair and consistent I'll say it again £2.30 or even £2.50 is quite frankly just taking the piss, minimum should be £3.
And I do not want to hear it's big runs etc that is totally irrelevant, it's a known fact schools hospitals etc get their pants well and truly pulled down with the tenders that are submitted so at the top their is plent money in these jobs.

North west contractors going in @ £8 to board n skim......its dismal what they pass down to the lads.

That's probably what your getting, I've said before and to be fair and consistent I'll say it again £2.30 or even £2.50 is quite frankly just taking the piss, minimum should be £3.
And I do not want to hear it's big runs etc that is totally irrelevant, it's a known fact schools hospitals etc get their pants well and truly pulled down with the tenders that are submitted so at the top their is plent money in these jobs.
Im getting £4.50 supply n fit. 2.50 is a little low yeah i agree but its pretty competative. The rate is the rate... If it there so people know if its for them...

Best wishes R harris

Im getting £4.50 supply n fit. 2.50 is a little low yeah i agree but its pretty competative. The rate is the rate... If it there so people know if its for them...

Best wishes R harris

I would of liked this post but for you saying "the rate is the rate" it's a phrase that proper grinds on me.
I'm going to start a campaign and lobby @Danny that anyone wishing to post jobs on m2 price must be a min £3 or it's instantly deleted as a new plasterers living m2 rate.

I hate all this the rate is the rate, it's the going rate round here, but it's long runs, blah blah blah, it's a joke is what it is.

I would of liked this post but for you saying "the rate is the rate" it's a phrase that proper grinds on me.
I'm going to start a campaign and lobby @Danny that anyone wishing to post jobs on m2 price must be a min £3 or it's instantly deleted as a new plasterers living m2 rate.

I hate all this the rate is the rate, it's the going rate round here, but it's long runs, blah blah blah, it's a joke is what it is.

whats type of work do you do if you dont mind me asking buddy i assume you run your own business do you work sites or private.

Best wishes R harris

£4.50 to supply and fit is a hopeless target. i do not believe that anyone could be that stupid, plastering is all about negotiation and you need to try harder!

I'm in the north west, I've always worked on new build and commercial sites so when I started my business I naturally went down that path and I'm not winning much at all. I'm on the tender lists for persimmon, Morris, red row, and several others and I have people undercutting me on every tender and I'm going in cheap. It's not the small firms taking the p1ss it's the big firms going in so low the whole market price falls through the floor. They think it's good business but only the buyer wins in a suppliers race to the bottom and the lads doing the graft suffer . £2.50 is crap for skimming but it's the going rate round here and small firms won't be able to increase their prices until plasterers realise who's forcing down their pay and stop working for them. The work won't dissappear if people stop working for these big firms going in at break even it will get distributed amongst the smaller outfits but maybe a few firms would dissappear and rated could rise again. A lot of the anger on here about rates is directed at the wrong people

Bigger firms make thier profits from the vast number of plots they turn out.

Paying shite rates.

£2800 to board n skim your average small 2/3 bed house. Getting £650/£700 to skim them.

Shareholders from house building companies love were getting dire rates.
It aint getting better.

Contractors act like thier doing you a favour giving you work on poor rates nowadays.

Everyone wants a slice and subbies are at the bottom of the pile.

It's a race to the bottom,
In no other trade are mugs working for what they were 10 years ago, any other industry there would be uproar.
It's not the contractors it's the house builders, they set the agenda.
If you don't like the rates don't work for them., but having said that the principal contractor wants to make a bit off every spread why shouldn't they, there taking all the liability. If you don't like the rates set up your own outfit get around 100 grand in cleared funds To tide you over as cashflow, employ a qs employ office staff etc etc

Bigger firms make thier profits from the vast number of plots they turn out.

Paying shite rates.

£2800 to board n skim your average small 2/3 bed house. Getting £650/£700 to skim them.

Shareholders from house building companies love were getting dire rates.
It aint getting better.

Contractors act like thier doing you a favour giving you work on poor rates nowadays.

Everyone wants a slice and subbies are at the bottom of the pile.

I know they make their money from volume but they are all volume and no business sense whatsoever.
without discussing rates lets base it off a mark up on your average lads wages..

Lets say the "big firms" are going in at a 5% mark up on their lads earnings, they have 150 lads that's a mark up of £3,750 per week

Compare that with the smaller firm who holds tight at his 20% margin, he only gets work off a select few contractors who have been let down by the big firms and so will pay more as well as a few smaller main contractors so he'll never get above 40 lads because he's too expensive for most of the volume house builders, but lets for arguments sake say his 40 lads earn the same on average as the "big firms" at £500 per week, his 20% mark up makes him £4,000 per week

that's a bigger profit with 110 less lads, so whos the real business man?

only the main contractors are winning thanks to these complete idiots...

besides forcing every plasterers wage through the floor these guys are actually making less than a firm with 110 less men, way to go guys :numberone: real little Alan sugars aren't ya.... :muyenojado:

@gps at it again are ya pal!
People offering work really bugs you but being a champion for other spreads is great....what are you actively doing to improve it? Do you employ 20 blokes and ensure they all clear £700 a week? Do you win work at a margin that allows the plasterers doing the work to make £200+ a day?

Or do you go on a forum and bitch about peoples rates when there offering work to others.

We can all win refurbs @ £6m2

It's a race to the bottom,
In no other trade are mugs working for what they were 10 years ago, any other industry there would be uproar.
It's not the contractors it's the house builders, they set the agenda.
If you don't like the rates don't work for them., but having said that the principal contractor wants to make a bit off every spread why shouldn't they, there taking all the liability. If you don't like the rates set up your own outfit get around 100 grand in cleared funds To tide you over as cashflow, employ a qs employ office staff etc etc

its not that simple, you can't just set up your own firm and dictate "your rates" your rates will be dictated to you by competition from other firms during tendering. if all firms held out at a reasonable minimum price threshold the house builders would have no choice but to pay a higher price, do you think groundworks contractors have all those men on site, all that plant and are working for a 5% margin? of course they're not because they know they are worth more with the investment they have made to even be there, if they all kept undercutting each other until there was nothing left the house builders would let them, but they don't and house builders still need groundworks/civils so they pay the rates.

the same priciple applies to suppliers, noticed how skimming and plasterboards are pretty much the same price everywhere you go? can travis, sig, ccf etc really not go any cheaper on these products? of course they could, but why would they want to? there's plenty of plasterers so if they all charge the same they'll all get enough business, theres more than enough to go around, if only the people running plastering firms understood this concept ..we'd all be better off, from the lads on tools to the tools running firms.. we'd all have more money in our pockets

I remember watching the news years ago and hearing for every 2 houses a house builder completes the 3rd is profit.

I wonder what the stats are now.

Bigger firms will always control the monopoly in plastering.

In other business people up the wages for the best.....accountants/lawyers/actors/footballers/artists/clothes/cars/food etc.

God ive made myself depresed !!!

They will on sites of new build. But in other areas, some commercial, private builds, etc a better standard is required and paid for.

I remember watching the news years ago and hearing for every 2 houses a house builder completes the 3rd is profit.

I wonder what the stats are now.

We were working on a david wilson site and i asked the site agent about that. He said that each plot roughly makes 40% profit off its asking price. That includes buying the land and building costs. Not bad at all!

Best wishes R harris

Im a contractor and I wouldn't be broadcasting the rate I am getting if looking to get guys in!!
Fair play though.
Getting plenty of work is good at the time.getting blokes to work for you is another animal.

Boring hell.
Everyone is quick enough to moan but not quick enough to act on it!
Nothing will change as people are to lazy to push for change.
It gets worse for it to get better and if you haven't got any fight in you to make the change then you should plod on as normal.
A subbie is always bottom of the list.
They are the ones that do the work and the contractor will make the money.
There are to many 'contractors' who are just another subbie and each person takes there slice.
A subbie doesn't look at the work, tender etc.
Yes rates may be rubbish but that's because people will work for it.
If you don't like it your not forced to do it.
It's a choice.
Make another choice and change careers if you don't like it that much.
We aren't the only trade that have this issue.
We may think it but we're not.
Standards have dropped the same as the money has.
Some will blame the drop in money for the standard being lower but its shouldn't be the case.
Only a mass movement will change things but that won't happen purely down to one thing.
Every man for himself.
Greed gets the better of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.