Plasterers mixing baths

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captaincaveman

Hi Guys (and gals)

Do you still use a mixing bath?
If you do then tell me what you like and don't like about it. I'm toying with the idea of manufacturing something designed for plasterers, by plasterers (you). I need as much detail as possible about what sort of features would be good in a site mixing bath.
I this is in the wrong section then please move it admins. :)

Cheers

Mark

Only a couple of times a year when its to big a mix for a bucket but not enough to Warrant getting the cement mixer out

Not seen a bath used in ages tbh everyone uses them rubber buckets for everything I mean bloody hell most spreads I see don't even have a spot n stand

I haven't use a bath for years. Generally I work with sand and cement and skim. As a general guide I would use a cement mixer if I expected to use more than say 4/5 bags of sand. For everything else I use my whisk.

Hi Guys (and gals)

Do you still use a mixing bath?
If you do then tell me what you like and don't like about it. I'm toying with the idea of manufacturing something designed for plasterers, by plasterers (you). I need as much detail as possible about what sort of features would be good in a site mixing bath.
I this is in the wrong section then please move it admins. :)

Cheers

Mark
Right then iv just had a good think about this.................

And i cant think of anything :confused:

gorilla tubs rule, half a water butt will always be best for mixing hardwall ect and a mixing bath is great for shoveling sh!t out of!

A bath in the back of ya van for all the open bags, save em moving about and making a mess.Then when ya need to float something out just use what ever is in the bath, it goes off nice and quick.

We use a lot of Hardwall , and mix in a cut down water tub 3 bags at a time, then shovel it onto board and stand, the old plastic mixing baths are to low ,so the whisk sprays it over the sides

We use a lot of Hardwall , and mix in a cut down water tub 3 bags at a time, then shovel it onto board and stand, the old plastic mixing baths are to low ,so the whisk sprays it over the sides
True, the old days of a shovel and rake,

Got a couple of those grey muck bins, not sure what they are called, compo bins I heard the brickie call them. Great for hardwall get a good 7 bags mixed, great for rendering as well. We use ours quite a lot.

We used to use them for dabbing shove and rake jobby..

only thing i could think of is something to hold the rake while the mix is used but FFS it's its just a mixing vessel anything added will just seem gimmicky but bet your bottom dollar everyone will buy one lol

super bath 3000 now includes oars :RpS_confused:

That's what I thought Dave. I popped into a company that my mate recommended, they make agricultural tanks. I got one that was a second and it is wider than a cut down barrel and quite high, so no splashing.

Cheers guys. It's obvious that there can be no improvements and I will not make millions out of this. :RpS_crying:
The plastic tank I got I'm happy with. It's only going to be used to knock up hardwall or lime plaster. With the lack of people buying baths now I'm surprised they are still made!

Used to use mine to store my buckets and the odd open bag, if you went round a corner then at least any spillage was in the bath. I bust open a tub of Betakontakt in the back once, what a mess. So in conclusion I may go back to putting it in the van again.

We keep ours in the van full of half bags as well! Quite surprised people don't use them, we use it to knock up hardwall frequently.

Can't remember what happened to mine, it was an alu one. I do know that once I got a drill then started to use the refina tubs and buckets.i mixed 40 of the old style 40kg bags of browning in a day when I was labouring, I was 12stone then and now 15!

Can't remember what happened to mine, it was an alu one. I do know that once I got a drill then started to use the refina tubs and buckets.i mixed 40 of the old style 40kg bags of browning in a day when I was labouring, I was 12stone then and now 15!
same here james,, gone from 12 stone to over 15 stone since the days before the mixing drills

Status
Not open for further replies.