Plasterers Fitness

Members online

Don't see any problem with coffee. I have about three have lava before I go to work. First when I get up at five. Then three or four through the day. All those pods and packet lattes are bad for you though. Full of hydrogen are done fat. There's about the same calories in one of them as a big mac. Probably more. My sister drinks them all day. Carries them around her bag. And she's turned into a fat lethargic cow.

Predictive text. Jesus. Texted my mum last week that I was in hospital waiting for a x hamster.

Don't see any problem with coffee. I have about three have lava before I go to work. First when I get up at five. Then three or four through the day. All those pods and packet lattes are bad for you though. Full of hydrogen are done fat. There's about the same calories in one of them as a big mac. Probably more. My sister drinks them all day. Carries them around her bag. And she's turned into a fat lethargic cow.
If your getting easily stressed then coffee is the first thing I'd be looking at, if your not then your fine with it. My wife can have a coffee then go to her bed, can't get my head round it lol

I gave up smoking 10 years ago and after lung tests doc reckons I've got the lungs of an athlete. I've drank at least 10 pints every day for the past 30 years and my liver is fine. Ive put on 4 stone in the last 4yrs though . Think I might have to cut out that coffee before work

IMG_6837.JPG

I gave up smoking 10 years ago and after lung tests doc reckons I've got the lungs of an athlete. I've drank at least 10 pints every day for the past 30 years and my liver is fine. Ive put on 4 stone in the last 4yrs though . Think I might have to cut out that coffee before work
The fags are and always have been my biggest vice, I watched my old man slowly die cos of em and I still use the f**k**g things.

My dad smoked every day of his life since he was 16, drank when and what he fancied, ate anything and everything especially if it was fried, deep fried, double fried, fried and coated with sauces, or cheese or more fried stuff.........he died of a myocardial infarction whilst having a cup of sweet tea in the early morning.......sugar pfft!

A good,diet is a great thing........it helps us I've longer.......trouble is doesn't extend your time when you're 20, and could shag the entire GB women's athletic team.....twice............no, it gives you an extra week or two when you're sitting in your own piss in a nursing home.

Everything in moderation.

Bit heavy for some but zen buddhism has a lot of truth to it.
Living in the here and now.
The past can cause depression, the future; anxiety.
Its hard to do when we are constantly bombarded with crap...in our food...in the news...the music we hear...advertisements etc. the list goes on.
But spending some time with no thoughts...just being present... is a great antidote.

On a different note my grandparents lived to a ripe old age...they never spoke of death or disease, yet all we see everywhere is cancer this...cancer that.

It cant be good!
After reading this I typed Zen Buddhism into you tube and listened to Alan watts, I'm fascinated now!

After reading this I typed Zen Buddhism into you tube and listened to Alan watts, I'm fascinated now!
Alan Watts is mesmerising. His ideas are great...make perfect sense.
I just wish i could implement it all in my life. I keep trying!

Is this all true?
If so my friend you are a true old school hero.
Im in the same boat...but not 10 pints more like 8 cans or a bottle of red.
Weights gone up in the past few years but liver is fine.
I have asthma...they say my lungs are 20 years older than my age...yet the power in my lungs are 144% of a healthy man the same age...

Reading this at the moment....life-changing stuff, it's amazing.

Attachments

• 1494308146259.jpg
    1494308146259.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 230
Have any of you had the middle aged fitness test with the NHS? Just ask your GP. Had mine last year. Everything A1. Cholesterol. Weight. Lungs of a twenty year old. Cutting down on the drink. Having had one since Sunday. Imagine quite a few have decent lungs and oxygen levels because of the physical activity involved in plastering. It's just the dust and the alcohol.

Have any of you had the middle aged fitness test with the NHS? Just ask your GP. Had mine last year. Everything A1. Cholesterol. Weight. Lungs of a twenty year old. Cutting down on the drink. Having had one since Sunday. Imagine quite a few have decent lungs and oxygen levels because of the physical activity involved in plastering. It's just the dust and the alcohol.
Had test last year here private clinic cost me €60 I think urine /blood and full mot all was fine , will get again and do yearly now.

A
Is this all true?
If so my friend you are a true old school hero.
Im in the same boat...but not 10 pints more like 8 cans or a bottle of red.
Weights gone up in the past few years but liver is fine.
I have asthma...they say my lungs are 20 years older than my age...yet the power in my lungs are 144% of a healthy man the same age...

All true. Years ago I'd drink 15 pints every night down the pub, I don't get hangovers. Nowadays I have 8 cans of 7% Polish lager or 2 bottles of red. Funny enough, lungs are huge apparently but I've just got asthma recently. Had what I thought was a chest infection for 3 months and eventually went A and E. Turns out I'd had pneumonia but I'm convinced the alcohol pickled me and got me over it.

Convinced I got the asthma/pneumonia after a very very very dusty hack of dry lime mortar, no mask.

Got high blood pressure and cholesterol now cos I'm way overweight.
Anyways, off down the pub now ....

Had what I thought was a chest infection for 3 months and eventually went A and E. Turns out I'd had pneumonia but I'm convinced the alcohol pickled me and got me over it.
Hard as fookin nails lol
I dont get hangovers anymore either. I think its bred in. My dad and his dad before were exactly the same.
Dads still going strong and drinks every day...his best mates were Irish road diggers (same job as he) His dad did the same and nearly made 90

Not hard as nails, stupid and stubborn. Hate being told to go to doctor etc, gets my back up and I do the opposite. Same with drinking.

If I could get through to my GP, I'd be looking at a minimum of a 3 week wait for an appointment, after which time you're normally better. I've had to take this whole week off though cos once you get caught by the NHS they give you a 100% check over. This week is blood tests again, ct scan again, Ecg again, 24 hr blood pressure test and GP appointment. All at midday on consecutive days :muyenojado:

Plasterer meaning!! Strong in arm thick in head!! We don't need to go to the gym a left or right hook off a plasterer n it's game over:musculoso::bananas:
One example when Ali got knocked down for the first time ever by Henry Cooper nown for his left hook becouse he was a plastrer and never went to the gym he had strong left becouse of the work and old school traning and plenty of milk take note sparky joiners ect lol :boxeador: