Plasterboarding under a window lintel

Members online

Rachel G

Hi all,

I’m trying to dot and dab around window reveals and under the (very long) lintel - reveals are ok but the plasterboard under the lintel falls off. I can’t reinforce it with screws as the metal of the lintel is really thick. Any ideas please?

Thanks
Rachel

You need to prop it up until it's set if the lintel has a key and it's not sticking...or use a panel adhesive like no nails.

Hi all,

I’m trying to dot and dab around window reveals and under the (very long) lintel - reveals are ok but the plasterboard under the lintel falls off. I can’t reinforce it with screws as the metal of the lintel is really thick. Any ideas please?

Thanks
Rachel

Ideally you get this on first. You could cut a bit of wood same length to support it with a few props underneath or just some off cuts of plaster board cut slightly longer and wedged in at an angle till it goes off a bit.

The choice is yours. You have as long as it takes for the board to revolve.

Ideally you get this on first. You could cut a bit of wood same length to support it with a few props underneath or just some off cuts of plaster board cut slightly longer and wedged in at an angle till it goes off a bit.

The choice is yours. You have as long as it takes for the board to revolve.
You have the wisdom of Solomon.

The OP should listen to you.

1685810206347.png